Spring Fling 22

Hello everyone,
I have the hotel info you've been waiting for.
We will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express near the airport at 2645 S Joe Fox St., Terre Haute, IN
For reservations call 812-234-3200.

They will be blocking off a dozen rooms with your choice of two queen beds or one king.
When you call, tell them you are with the Quickie Aircraft group for the group rate. 
The rooms normally go for $159 at that time of year, our rate will be $99.99
And I was told that's only because we are associated with the airport.  Rooms would normally be $129.

In order for them to hold that many rooms for the group, (that time of year other groups may call for rooms too)
they would like to have our rooms committed to by May 3rd.  After May 3rd any unused rooms will be released.
Cancellations can be made 24 hours from your first nite of stay so there's no reason to hold off and take a
chance on not getting a room.
Early arrivals prior to June 3rd...no problem the group rate still applies.

Thank you and I hope the weather works for us.
Keith

Jerry Marstall

Super! Thanks Keith.
JM

On Mon, Mar 28, 2022, 8:47 PM Keith Welsh <kw544@...> wrote:
Hello everyone,
We will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express near the airport at 2645 S Joe Fox St., Terre Haute, IN

They will be blocking off a dozen rooms with your choice of two queen beds or one king.
When you call, tell them you are with the Quickie Aircraft group for the group rate. 
And I was told that's only because we are associated with the airport.  Rooms would normally be $129.

In order for them to hold that many rooms for the group, (that time of year other groups may call for rooms too)
they would like to have our rooms committed to by May 3rd.  After May 3rd any unused rooms will be released.
Cancellations can be made 24 hours from your first nite of stay so there's no reason to hold off and take a

Keith

Paul Fisher

Thanks Keith!  Reservation has been made!  Looking forward to it.

Paul Fisher
Q-200 N17PF

On Mon, Mar 28, 2022, 19:47 Keith Welsh <kw544@...> wrote:
Hello everyone,

Keith

Bruce Crain

Honey Lamb has us booked!  See you then!
Bruce

On Mar 28, 2022, at 8:31 PM, Paul Fisher <rv7a.n18pf@...> wrote:

Paul Fisher
Q-200 N17PF

Hello everyone,

Keith

John Hoxie

Better to be booked by Honey Lamb than the police.

On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 9:38 AM, Bruce Crain
<jcrain2@...> wrote:
Bruce

Paul Fisher
Q-200 N17PF

Hello everyone,

Keith

Bruce Crain

That's true John!  And we will be bookin' it at about 170 mph!
Bruce

---------- Original Message ----------
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Spring Fling 22
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 23:43:10 +0000 (UTC)

Better to be booked by Honey Lamb than the police.

On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 9:38 AM, Bruce Crain
<jcrain2@...> wrote:
Bruce

Paul Fisher
Q-200 N17PF

Hello everyone,

Keith

Michael Dunning

Kitchen Pass in hand and reservation made! Be my first time meeting everyone in person. Anyone able to pick up a hitchhiker down here in north Alabama? 😁
--
-MD
#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)

Hi Michael,

Thank you for planning on visualizing coming to Spring Fling 22. wink
It will be great seeing you for the first time in person.

Thanks again, Keith

Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 17:19:25 -0700

Kitchen Pass in hand and reservation made! Be my first time meeting everyone in person. Anyone able to pick up a hitchhiker down here in north Alabama? 😁
--
-MD

John Hoxie

Y'all have fun in Indiana. I have a lot on my plate right now. It would be a 20 hour drive. I'll probably never have the money or the expertise to finish my Q20 (Q2 with LS1), so if anyone is looking for a 60% project, send 'em my way. How is the Florida pilot who made an emergency landing?

John Hoxie
God is good always. ALL WAYS.

On Thursday, March 31, 2022, 07:09:39 AM MDT, Keith Welsh <kw544@...> wrote:

Hi Michael,

Thanks again, Keith

--
-MD

Thanks John for the note.
It was nice meeting you in Enid last Sept. 
Sorry to hear your Q is for sale.  If things should change just remember it doesn't take an expert to build one of these planes.
I should know...I'm one of them.  All it take is a desire and a commitment....as many of us can attest to.
And the calendar doesn't matter, only the finish line does.
Thanks again for chiming in.
Keith

To: "main@Q-List.groups.io" <main@q-list.groups.io>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 19:46:07 +0000 (UTC)

Y'all have fun in Indiana. I have a lot on my plate right now. It would be a 20 hour drive. I'll probably never have the money or the expertise to finish my Q20 (Q2 with LS1), so if anyone is looking for a 60% project, send 'em my way. How is the Florida pilot who made an emergency landing?

John Hoxie
God is good always. ALL WAYS.

On Thursday, March 31, 2022, 07:09:39 AM MDT, Keith Welsh <kw544@...> wrote:

Hi Michael,

Thanks again, Keith

--
-MD

Mike Bergen

Keith, thank you for the information. Just made the call and completed the reservation at the hotel. I hope to have the wife join me for this one. Look forward to seeing everyone as the turn out at AirVenture is not what it used to be.

Best, MB

Mike,
Thanks, if all goes ok, and the wx cooperates, we could have several spouses attend as well.

That would be nice.
Looking forward to meeting y’all.
Keith

Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 08:59:59 -0700

Keith, thank you for the information. Just made the call and completed the reservation at the hotel. I hope to have the wife join me for this one. Look forward to seeing everyone as the turn out at AirVenture is not what it used to be.Best, MB

Also, did you mention you were with the Quickie Aircraft Group for the special rate?
They are giving us a $60 break.

Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 08:59:59 -0700

Keith, thank you for the information. Just made the call and completed the reservation at the hotel. I hope to have the wife join me for this one. Look forward to seeing everyone as the turn out at AirVenture is not what it used to be.

Best, MB

Hello again,

A brief update on the upcoming Spring Fling 22.
With the 3rd of May deadline for reserving a blocked room having come and gone anyone who may later be able to make the Spring Fling can still do so at the group rate.
The group rate will apply through our event dates of June 3rd-5th.  The Holiday Inn Express is offering a $60 break for anyone in our group.  Just tell them that you are with the Quickie Aircraft Group.
At the present time we have 8 Quickies planning to attend.  2 Q200's, 3 Tri-Q200's, 1 Tri-Q Jabaru, and 2 Onan Quickies. 
Of that group of Quickies three are OSH Award winners, one highly modified plans deviation, one speed merchant and three beautiful Tri-Q's
So for any of you building or thinking about resurrecting an orphaned kit this the place to be June 3rd-5th.

We're all hoping that Mother Nature will get this crazy weather out of her system by then.
The best that can happen would be for Mother Nature to park a BIG High Pressure ridge over most of the country about then.  Wouldn't that be sumpin!
I will have further updates as we get closer.

I'm a little leery about mentioning this at this time but as some of you may know the 181st Intelligence Wing of the IN Air Natl. Guard is based here at HUF. 
The base had been a fighter wing of the Air Natl. Guard for over 50 years starting with the P-51 in the 50's then the F-84, F-100, the F4 and ending with the F-16 in the early 2000's
when the base became an Intelligence Wing monitoring drones from all over the world......and they give tours.  Our EAA Chapter went on one of those tours a few years ago and
found it to be a real eye opener.  The problem: Our weekend is not a guard weekend for them so no one will be there on Saturday however they will be there on Friday and will be able 
to do a tour.  I have requested a Friday afternoon tour.  Obviously any plans to that effect are very weather sensitive for us....those flying in. 
I am waiting to get confirmation from the base commander but wanted to get this out there for y'all to be thinking about as background checks will be required.

Once I get confirmation you will be the first to know at which time I will need to get your background info to them ASAP and then it will be up to the weather.  

Thanks much, Keith

Jay Scheevel

Thanks Keith. Sounding more fun by the minute. Given my background, the intelligence wing probably already has my background info on file and would disqualify me from visiting.  😊

Looking forward to it.

Cheers,

Jay

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Keith Welsh
Sent: Saturday, May 7, 2022 6:57 AM

Hello again,

With the 3rd of May deadline for reserving a blocked room having come and gone anyone who may later be able to make the Spring Fling can still do so at the group rate.

The group rate will apply through our event dates of June 3rd-5th.  The Holiday Inn Express is offering a $60 break for anyone in our group.  Just tell them that you are with the Quickie Aircraft Group.

At the present time we have 8 Quickies planning to attend.  2 Q200's, 3 Tri-Q200's, 1 Tri-Q Jabaru, and 2 Onan Quickies. 

Of that group of Quickies three are OSH Award winners, one highly modified plans deviation, one speed merchant and three beautiful Tri-Q's

So for any of you building or thinking about resurrecting an orphaned kit this the place to be June 3rd-5th.

We're all hoping that Mother Nature will get this crazy weather out of her system by then.

The best that can happen would be for Mother Nature to park a BIG High Pressure ridge over most of the country about then.  Wouldn't that be sumpin!

I'm a little leery about mentioning this at this time but as some of you may know the 181st Intelligence Wing of the IN Air Natl. Guard is based here at HUF. 

The base had been a fighter wing of the Air Natl. Guard for over 50 years starting with the P-51 in the 50's then the F-84, F-100, the F4 and ending with the F-16 in the early 2000's

when the base became an Intelligence Wing monitoring drones from all over the world......and they give tours.  Our EAA Chapter went on one of those tours a few years ago and

found it to be a real eye opener.  The problem: Our weekend is not a guard weekend for them so no one will be there on Saturday however they will be there on Friday and will be able 

to do a tour.  I have requested a Friday afternoon tour.  Obviously any plans to that effect are very weather sensitive for us....those flying in. 

I am waiting to get confirmation from the base commander but wanted to get this out there for y'all to be thinking about as background checks will be required.

Once I get confirmation you will be the first to know at which time I will need to get your background info to them ASAP and then it will be up to the weather.  

Thanks much, Keith

Hi Jay,
I hope ya ain’t been up to no good to disqualify ya. 😫
I understand fully the timing makes for a rather narrow weather window for y’all.

A Thursday arrival would be doable far as the hotel is concerned.  They are quite open for now. 
So once I get confirmation that a tour can happen the hotel can accommodate a Thursday arrival if anyone so chooses.  For what it’s worth that can add a little cushion if needed.

Keith

To: <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 13:41:25 -0600

Thanks Keith. Sounding more fun by the minute. Given my background, the intelligence wing probably already has my background info on file and would disqualify me from visiting.  😊

Looking forward to it.

Cheers,

Jay

Sent: Saturday, May 7, 2022 6:57 AM

Hello again,

Thanks much, Keith

Mike Bergen

Life often gets in the way so at the chance that the Bergen's are OBE, or WX gets in the way, I called the hotel front desk for the cancellation policy. Apparently they are quite lenient and she stated that if need be call even the day of the arrival and there will be no charge.

I like Indiana already!

Mike

Jay Scheevel

Hope to see you there, Mike. It’s been a while. Bring pictures of your Q!

Cheers,

Jay

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Bergen
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2022 7:24 AM

Life often gets in the way so at the chance that the Bergen's are OBE, or WX gets in the way, I called the hotel front desk for the cancellation policy. Apparently they are quite lenient and she stated that if need be call even the day of the arrival and there will be no charge.

I like Indiana already!

Mike

You know where the name Hoosier's came from?
Who's yur momma Who's yur daddy.
Were just a bunch of rednecks around here and don't know no better. 

Actually when I talked to the manager and stated that this is a very weather sensitive event and could go either way in a flash, I had to know the cancellation policy and that's what he told me.  He said they work with the airport all the time, glad to do it. 

See ya in a week +
Keith

Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 06:24:23 -0700

I like Indiana already!

Mike

Jay Scheevel

Can we go visit the French Lick, Larry Bird Shrine, while we are there? Kin we, pleeeze?

Cheers,
Jay

Sent: Monday, May 23, 2022 4:57 PM

You know where the name Hoosier's came from?

Who's yur momma Who's yur daddy.

Were just a bunch of rednecks around here and don't know no better. 

Actually when I talked to the manager and stated that this is a very weather sensitive event and could go either way in a flash, I had to know the cancellation policy and that's what he told me.  He said they work with the airport all the time, glad to do it. 

See ya in a week +

Keith

Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 06:24:23 -0700

I like Indiana already!

Mike