Spring Fling 22

Hello everyone,
I have the hotel info you've been waiting for.
We will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express near the airport at 2645 S Joe Fox St., Terre Haute, IN
For reservations call 812-234-3200.

They will be blocking off a dozen rooms with your choice of two queen beds or one king.
When you call, tell them you are with the Quickie Aircraft group for the group rate.
The rooms normally go for $159 at that time of year, our rate will be $99.99
And I was told that's only because we are associated with the airport.  Rooms would normally be $129.

In order for them to hold that many rooms for the group, (that time of year other groups may call for rooms too)
they would like to have our rooms committed to by May 3rd.  After May 3rd any unused rooms will be released.
Cancellations can be made 24 hours from your first nite of stay so there's no reason to hold off and take a
chance on not getting a room.
Early arrivals prior to June 3rd...no problem the group rate still applies.

Thank you and I hope the weather works for us.
Keith

Jerry Marstall

Super! Thanks Keith.
JM

On Mon, Mar 28, 2022, 8:47 PM Keith Welsh <kw544@...> wrote:
[...]

Paul Fisher

Thanks Keith!  Reservation has been made!  Looking forward to it.

Paul Fisher
Q-200 N17PF

On Mon, Mar 28, 2022, 19:47 Keith Welsh <kw544@...> wrote:
[...]

Bruce Crain

Honey Lamb has us booked!  See you then!
Bruce

On Mar 28, 2022, at 8:31 PM, Paul Fisher <rv7a.n18pf@...> wrote:

[...]

John Hoxie

Better to be booked by Honey Lamb than the police.

On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 9:38 AM, Bruce Crain
<jcrain2@...> wrote:
[...]

That's true John!  And we will be bookin' it at about 170 mph!
Bruce

<jcrain2@...> wrote:
[...]

Michael Dunning

Kitchen Pass in hand and reservation made! Be my first time meeting everyone in person. Anyone able to pick up a hitchhiker down here in north Alabama? 😁
--
-MD
#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)

Hi Michael,

Thank you for planning on visualizing coming to Spring Fling 22. wink
It will be great seeing you for the first time in person.

Thanks again, Keith

#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)

John Hoxie

Y'all have fun in Indiana. I have a lot on my plate right now. It would be a 20 hour drive. I'll probably never have the money or the expertise to finish my Q20 (Q2 with LS1), so if anyone is looking for a 60% project, send 'em my way. How is the Florida pilot who made an emergency landing?

John Hoxie
God is good always. ALL WAYS.

#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)

Thanks John for the note.
It was nice meeting you in Enid last Sept.
Sorry to hear your Q is for sale.  If things should change just remember it doesn't take an expert to build one of these planes.
I should know...I'm one of them.  All it take is a desire and a commitment....as many of us can attest to.
And the calendar doesn't matter, only the finish line does.
Thanks again for chiming in.
Keith

#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)

Mike Bergen

Keith, thank you for the information. Just made the call and completed the reservation at the hotel. I hope to have the wife join me for this one. Look forward to seeing everyone as the turn out at AirVenture is not what it used to be.

Best, MB

Mike,
Thanks, if all goes ok, and the wx cooperates, we could have several spouses attend as well.

That would be nice.
Looking forward to meeting y’all.
Keith

Keith, thank you for the information. Just made the call and completed the reservation at the hotel. I hope to have the wife join me for this one. Look forward to seeing everyone as the turn out at AirVenture is not what it used to be.Best, MB

Also, did you mention you were with the Quickie Aircraft Group for the special rate?
They are giving us a $60 break.

From: "Jay Scheevel" <jay@...>
To: <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 13:41:25 -0600

[...]

Life often gets in the way so at the chance that the Bergen's are OBE, or WX gets in the way, I called the hotel front desk for the cancellation policy. Apparently they are quite lenient and she stated that if need be call even the day of the arrival and there will be no charge.

I like Indiana already!

Mike

Jay Scheevel

Hope to see you there, Mike. It’s been a while. Bring pictures of your Q!

From: "Mike Bergen" <dmbergen@...>
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 06:24:23 -0700

Life often gets in the way so at the chance that the Bergen's are OBE, or WX gets in the way, I called the hotel front desk for the cancellation policy. Apparently they are quite lenient and she stated that if need be call even the day of the arrival and there will be no charge.

I like Indiana already!

Mike

Jay Scheevel

Can we go visit the French Lick, Larry Bird Shrine, while we are there? Kin we, pleeeze?