Quickie/Q2/Dragonfly control arrangements Thread on Homebuiltaitplanes.com

Bill Higdon

Can I get someone more experienced to weigh in on this thread https://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/threads/quickie-q2-dragonfly-control-arrangements.35940/

David J. Gall

Nooooooo! No no no no no no nooooooo!

Those Keyboard warriors put more bullshit through my head in ten minutes of reading their collective ignorance than I’ve seen in FORTY YEARS of reading and studying about Q’s.

Don’t do it. Just — don’t go there.

On Apr 21, 2022, at 5:18 PM, Bill Higdon via groups.io <willard561@...> wrote:

Can I get someone more experienced to weigh in on this thread https://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/threads/quickie-q2-dragonfly-control-arrangements.35940/

Bill Higdon

I'm hoping one of our High time pilots will step in & slap this puppy down

Sam Hoskins

No. We don't need to step in. That's why we have this email list. If someone wants to know something about these airplanes, this is definitely the place to come. But for myself, I don't need to throw a rock at somebody else's wasp nest.

Sam

On Thu, Apr 21, 2022, 9:05 PM Bill Higdon via groups.io <willard561=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm hoping one of our High time pilots will step in & slap this puppy down

Bob Rinker <odysseyteachergmail@...>

Hello

Can someone please remove me from this list?

Thank you

Bob Rinker

On Apr 21, 2022, at 7:20 PM, Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

No. We don't need to step in. That's why we have this email list. If someone wants to know something about these airplanes, this is definitely the place to come. But for myself, I don't need to throw a rock at somebody else's wasp nest.

Sam

On Thu, Apr 21, 2022, 9:05 PM Bill Higdon via groups.io <willard561=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm hoping one of our High time pilots will step in & slap this puppy down

Rick Hole

You can do this yourself.  At the bottom of this email click on the Unsubscribe link to do it.

Rick Hole

Can someone please remove me from this list?

Thank you

Bob Rinker

On Apr 21, 2022, at 7:20 PM, Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

No. We don't need to step in. That's why we have this email list. If someone wants to know something about these airplanes, this is definitely the place to come. But for myself, I don't need to throw a rock at somebody else's wasp nest.

Sam

On Thu, Apr 21, 2022, 9:05 PM Bill Higdon via groups.io <willard561=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

I'm hoping one of our High time pilots will step in & slap this puppy down

Robert Cringely

Are you related to Bud Rinker, the Corsair redrive guy from 50 years ago?

Bob

On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 7:55 PM Bob Rinker via groups.io <odysseyteachergmail=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello

Can someone please remove me from this list?

Thank you

Bob Rinker

On Apr 21, 2022, at 7:20 PM, Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

No. We don't need to step in. That's why we have this email list. If someone wants to know something about these airplanes, this is definitely the place to come. But for myself, I don't need to throw a rock at somebody else's wasp nest.

Sam

On Thu, Apr 21, 2022, 9:05 PM Bill Higdon via groups.io <willard561=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm hoping one of our High time pilots will step in & slap this puppy down

David J. Gall

What do you need help with, Bill?

First you want us to go to another group and immerse ourselves in their imbroglio and now you want to slap down someone you think is somehow lesser than you? You might want to check your outrage at the door; as I alluded to earlier, we’ve been discussing Quickies here for forty years.

We don’t do insurgencies on other people’s discussion websites and we don’t do disrespectful innuendo. If you have something to say to or about a person, say it. If you can’t say it directly then it didn’t need to be said — drop it.

If you need a bunch of flight hours or certifications attached to a person’s name before you’ll grant them due qualification to weigh in here then you have the wrong outlook for this group. We don’t do appeals to authority. Some of the most noteworthy contributions here have come from some of the most “unqualified” people, by that measure, and some of the most useless crap has come from some really, really “high time” people (a particular 747 captain in the 1990s comes to mind).

Say what you need help with on your Quickie project, Bill, and we’re here to help you with it.

David J. Gall
ATP-ME
Comm/Inst ASMEL
Comm Glider
Tailwheel endorsement
EAA Ultralight Instructor
CFII-MEI
E-170/190
CE-525
UAS Pilot
ATCS (retired)
BSAE
SFTE
AOPA
EAA
NATCA

On Apr 21, 2022, at 7:05 PM, Bill Higdon via groups.io <willard561@...> wrote:

I'm hoping one of our High time pilots will step in & slap this puppy down

Jim Patillo

Ditto. To each his own. Build however you want.
You are the ones that will eventually have your butt in the seat, confirming your “new design”. Once you’ve proven your changes, I’m sure you’ll have an audience here.  While not close to perfect, the Quickie is a fun to build and fly airplane.

To those of you interested in building or finishing a Q, we are always here to help and give you  proven historical perspectives.

We all need more Quickies in the air and not sitting in hangar's, wasting away. The reason the Q has survived is because of the guys who persisted in finishing and flying their dreams, without the support you all now enjoy.

Best,
Jim
N46JP Q200