Flight Report

Jay Scheevel

Took a nice flight this morning. Nothing in particular was my objective, but we have had showers here the last couple days, so the air was very clear, and it was cool and smooth this morning. The scenery was fine and the landing was good. Here is a short video of the some of the scenery west of my home airport.

https://youtu.be/gGsQfECwISg

Cheers,

Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q2 N8WQ 210 hours

Chris Walterson

jay--------------  Good video. I get excited when I see it , then I look outside at two feet of snow.  Patience , patience.

Take care------------  Chris

Anthony P

Another nice video Jay.  Thanks.

Chris, you needs skis.  I'm sure someone on your field has a set.
A couple of the planes that I have trained in swap between skis and floats twice a year. Seems like the right setup for your neighborhood.

--
Q2 N86KL

Kevin Boddicker

Nice Jay.
Thanks!!

On Apr 24, 2022, at 2:31 PM, Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

Took a nice flight this morning. Nothing in particular was my objective, but we have had showers here the last couple days, so the air was very clear, and it was cool and smooth this morning. The scenery was fine and the landing was good. Here is a short video of the some of the scenery west of my home airport.

Cheers,
Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q2 N8WQ 210 hours

Chris Walterson

Tony----------   I had a kitfox on skis and floats, but once you have sat and flown a Q it's hard to go back to 80 MPH.

 It appears Jay is pretty inventive,  maybe floats on a Q..                    Chris

That water is pretty hard at 80 mph, Chris. I think I will pass. 😉

 It appears Jay is pretty inventive,  maybe floats on a Q..                    Chris

Anthony P

For those fearing yaw control upon touchdown in the snow.

--
Q2 N86KL

Jerry Marstall

Looks beautiful, but very lonely.J

Took a nice flight this morning. Nothing in particular was my objective, but we have had showers here the last couple days, so the air was very clear, and it was cool and smooth this morning. The scenery was fine and the landing was good. Here is a short video of the some of the scenery west of my home airport.

https://youtu.be/gGsQfECwISg

Cheers,

Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q2 N8WQ 210 hours

Jay Scheevel

Need some visitors, Jerry 😉

From: "Jay Scheevel" <jay@...>
To: <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 13:31:23 -0600

Took a nice flight this morning. Nothing in particular was my objective, but we have had showers here the last couple days, so the air was very clear, and it was cool and smooth this morning. The scenery was fine and the landing was good. Here is a short video of the some of the scenery west of my home airport.

https://youtu.be/gGsQfECwISg

Cheers,

Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q2 N8WQ 210 hours

Richard Thomson

Great Video Jay,

I love it when there are puffy clouds around to dogfight ! :-)

Br

 Rich T.

On 24/04/2022 20:31, Jay Scheevel wrote:

Took a nice flight this morning. Nothing in particular was my objective, but we have had showers here the last couple days, so the air was very clear, and it was cool and smooth this morning. The scenery was fine and the landing was good. Here is a short video of the some of the scenery west of my home airport.

https://youtu.be/gGsQfECwISg

Cheers,

Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q2 N8WQ 210 hours

Jay Scheevel

Hi Keith,

I always used dutch rolls to “shake out” my piloting skills on a new-to-me airplane. I can see why the instructor asked you to do that, as it shows him how quickly you can pick up the scent and get coordinated.

On a related note, I have found that coordinated dutch rolls on the Q2 is probably one of the most difficult things for me. I think it is because the tail section of my plane is only 37 pounds, the lateral cross section of that tail is very small because of the fuselage taper. The result is along with the mass of the airplane being so concentrated, the rudder becomes very effective and sensitive, plus the ailerons are quite a ways back from the CG, so in a way, they act almost opposite to the yaw effect of a standard aircraft ailerons. Whatever the cause, dutch rolls become the best challenge I can give myself when I get leveled out and need a refresher. I would be curious to hear what other Q drivers think, including what you experience in your Q1.

I have made my reservation for Terre Haute…focusing on controlling the weather now.

Took a nice flight this morning. Nothing in particular was my objective, but we have had showers here the last couple days, so the air was very clear, and it was cool and smooth this morning. The scenery was fine and the landing was good. Here is a short video of the some of the scenery west of my home airport.

https://youtu.be/gGsQfECwISg

Cheers,

Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q2 N8WQ 210 hours

Fredd Baber

Keith,

My primary instructor’s nickname was Dutch…and he loved to roll!!  🤣

From: "Jay Scheevel" <jay@...>
To: <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 13:31:23 -0600

Took a nice flight this morning. Nothing in particular was my objective, but we have had showers here the last couple days, so the air was very clear, and it was cool and smooth this morning. The scenery was fine and the landing was good. Here is a short video of the some of the scenery west of my home airport.

Cheers,
Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q2 N8WQ 210 hours

Hope he didn't get ya dizzy.  I'd have probably ralphed.
Is that how he got that name?