From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Chris Walterson <dkeats@...>
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2022 1:06 PM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: [Q-List] Belly board.

 My personal preference is to keep it pretty simple. Want to lose
altitude, turn it sideways. Works great.---------  Chris

Chris Walterson

Vern-------------   I use sideslips to lose a bunch of altitude. Usually turning side slips from base to final. If I am still high on final I continue the side slip, but if there is a crosswind I do a forward slip down to the landing, Keeping wing low, but fuselage lined with runway.

 That's my comfort zone.  Take care------------  Chris

Frankenbird Vern

 Yup.. same as I use.  It's a bit unnerving to reach the stops and the runway is still unreaxhable but at least the go-around
 is recognized early. No point in pushing..just go find another parking space. :-)

Usually turning side slips from base to final. If I am still high on
final I continue the side slip, but if there is a crosswind I do a
forward slip down to the landing, Keeping wing low, but fuselage lined
with runway.

  That's my comfort zone.  Take care------------  Chris

No Canard test was done with publicly available test results/loadings that I am aware of. Loading profile configurations for sandbag loading tests are published in many places in the literature. Number and placement of bags depends on wing load, taper, etc. You put hoists under the wingtips then load sandbags on the wing, then lower the hoists slowly until wing is bearing all the weight.