Topics

Another flight report.

Sam Hoskins

I'm sorry I didn't make a January 1st flight, but at least I made a January 4th flight. I was a little delayed by completing my annual condition inspection, plus the weather wasn't the greatest. I made a significant change to my fuel injection system, removing the backup injectors from the throttle body, and completely reprogramming the mixture map for the system. All in all, I'm glad I did it and I think it's going to be a good thing.

Today I got up for about 40 minutes and proved out the new system, and all is good. But I tell you, there's nothing like staying in the air to remain current. As always, my biggest challenge is maintaining my proper air speeds in the pattern. I always seem to be about 10 miles an hour faster, which certainly messes up my landing. It requires close attention.

It was fun to get back up again today.

Sam Hoskins
Q-200

Corbin

Glad you got up in the air!

What MPH do you look for on final?  I wonder if I’m a tad slow at 85mph on final and trying to touch down around 75mph (not looking inside by that point).

Corbin

On Jan 4, 2021, at 5:42 PM, Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

[...]

<PXL_20210104_191706503.jpg>

--

Corbin
N33QR

Bruce Crain

Fantastic Sammy!  Lovin’ that panel!  Lots of knobs that I don’t have any idea about their use.  Hopefully next week I will join the ranks!
Bruce

On Jan 4, 2021, at 4:54 PM, Corbin via groups.io <c_geiser@...> wrote:

[...]

Corbin,

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021, 5:54 PM Corbin via groups.io <c_geiser=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Perfect!  Thanks.

Corbin

On Jan 4, 2021, at 7:15 PM, Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

[...]

<PXL_20210104_191706503~2.jpg>

--

Corbin
N33QR

Jay Scheevel

Hi Sam,

Glad you got in your first of the year. I would freeze my fingers off if I was doing annual this time of year. I am kind of stupid since mine is now due by the end of August. But I figure it will work like this…return from OSH…do annual…fly to FOD.  Best laid plans.

I like the view out your glass. Looks like good flying weather, and you are probably toasty warm from the frictional heating caused by high velocity airflow on the outside of the plane. Seriously?? Your green arc goes to 195 IAS, wow!.