From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sam Hoskins
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2022 10:04 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: [Q-List] Another flight report

I thought I'd put out a little report of my own.  From Carbondale, IL, KMDH, flew to Topeka Billard, KTOP, for my great grand son's 6th birthday. Had good winds and made the 305nm trip in just a little over two hours, each way.  Fuel consumption was around 5.3 gph at 4,500 ft. and 2,800 RPM.

A funny thing, I may have mentioned before,  my direct route of flight takes me over the south end of the runway at Whiteman AFB, the home of the B-2 bombers.  The top of the class D is only 3,400 ft and I cruised over at 4,500. Today there was one B-2 out on the ramp, both on Friday and the return trip on Sunday. It's kind of an eerie feeling, like I don't really belong there.

And one note about my great-grandson. We were batting a balloon around the living room and it went on for a long time. I told him that I was getting tired and Hunter replied "I never get tired".

See you guys Friday in Decorah.

Sam

Sam Kittle

Hi Sam,

Whiteman AFB has an electric fence around the flight line.  Only base I know of with that extra security.
Looking forward to seeing you at DEH!
Sam Kittle

On Sep 12, 2022, at 9:04 AM, Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

[...]

Sam PXL_20220909_160015940.jpgPXL_20220910_002707942.jpg

Bob Brasher

What a good looking grandson you have!

Thanks for sharing your pictures!

BB