Topics

Corbin’s performance numbers

Jim Patillo

Hey Corbin,

The next time you are out testing your Q for performance numbers, try this method for a few more knots. In level flight, trim the elevators down just a little and reflex up just a little. Once speed is stabilized, drop the nose to unload and the speed will increase. Then Fly straight and level and see how long you can hold that increased speed with the same throttle setting. 😊

Jim

N46JP - Q200

Corbin

Jim,

Much appreciated!  I will definitely give this a try during my next cruise flight!

For others, here is the video Jim is referencing:   https://youtu.be/mgeFuvCYIaw

Bruce Crain

That’s one sweet, fast Q200 Corbin!
Bruce

On Jan 17, 2020, at 6:16 AM, Corbin via Groups.Io <c_geiser@...> wrote:

Jim,

Much appreciated!  I will definitely give this a try during my next cruise flight!

For others, here is the video Jim is referencing:   https://youtu.be/mgeFuvCYIaw

Jay Scheevel

Took the words out of my mouth, Bruce. Kind of supports the argument that the GU canard is the fastest. 2750 RPM and 190+ mph TAS!

Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:

That’s one sweet, fast Q200 Corbin!
Bruce

On Jan 17, 2020, at 6:16 AM, Corbin via Groups.Io <c_geiser@...> wrote:

Jim,

Much appreciated!  I will definitely give this a try during my next cruise flight!

For others, here is the video Jim is referencing:   https://youtu.be/mgeFuvCYIaw

Corbin

Thanks Bruce!  I sure do love the speed and efficiency!

Corbin

Agreed....and I think I can get a few more mph out of it.  Just need to "dial it in".  Thanks!