Dave

Jim Patillo

Hi Dave,

I thought I would wait until the dust settled but you did an admirable job saving the airframe. Thats one of the reasons I don't like taking long trips and possibly stranded several states away from home. Did you have to clean the seats? Ha Ha. I've been there and done that and it was very scary. I dead sticked into Livermore a few years ago during one of our airshows. It puckered my butt real good. Are you putting a Revmaster back in it or exploring options?

Dave I wish you a quick return to service. Sorry to hear about your mishap.

Best,
Jim
N46JP

Terrence ONeill

Hi; I’m buying a Q2 soon, and intend to put in a basic Autopilot like the TruTrak I put into my late Lancair.
May I ask what will work for the Q2?
Am impressed with the aviation quality of the group and look forward to participating.
Thank you.
Terrence O’Neill

Martin Skiby

That would be my choice Terrance! Glad your getting tour Q2. You and I have talked many times.

Martin

On Sep 23, 2021, at 10:57 AM, Terrence ONeill <troneill@charter.net> wrote:

Hi; I’m buying a Q2 soon, and intend to put in a basic Autopilot like the TruTrak I put into my late Lancair.
May I ask what will work for the Q2?
Am impressed with the aviation quality of the group and look forward to participating.
Thank you.
Terrence O’Neill

Bruce Crain

Terrence O’Neill!! It’s been a long time! Are you still writing for Kitplanes? You had a nice Lancair! Did you wear it out? Welcome to Q-Ville! Trutrack should work nicely!
Bruce
On Sep 23, 2021, at 1:18 PM, Martin Skiby <mskiby@bak.rr.com> wrote:

That would be my choice Terrance! Glad your getting tour Q2. You and I have talked many times.

Martin
On Sep 23, 2021, at 10:57 AM, Terrence ONeill <troneill@charter.net> wrote:

Hi; I’m buying a Q2 soon, and intend to put in a basic Autopilot like the TruTrak I put into my late Lancair.
May I ask what will work for the Q2?
Am impressed with the aviation quality of the group and look forward to participating.
Thank you.
Terrence O’Neill

Pillows Recalled After 8 Babies Die
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/614cd59aaa3e955997d7bst04duc1
Apparent Victim of America's Most Prolific Serial Killer ID'd
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/614cd59ac929c55997d7bst04duc2
'High-Profile Hispanic Democrat' Isn't Quite That
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/614cd59ae837155997d7bst04duc3

Terrence ONeill

Hi Bruce.
No writing for Kitplanes since my Lancair mods article. Lost it in post-landing
Incident after 350 glorious hour in the
Sky.

On Sep 23, 2021, at 1:30 PM, Bruce Crain <jcrain2@juno.com> wrote:

[...]

Sorry Terrence. Bet she was fast! Glad to have you back in the fold! Where are you located?
Bruce

On Sep 23, 2021, at 3:44 PM, Terrence ONeill <troneill@charter.net> wrote:

[...]

Bill Higdon

If I remember correctly Terrance has been a fan of Canards from before the Q-1.

Bill

Terrence ONeill

Guilty; and also a few years before Rutan.
So we’re Orville and Wilbur. 😊

On Sep 23, 2021, at 3:21 PM, Bill Higdon via groups.io <willard561@...> wrote:

If I remember correctly Terrance has been a fan of Canards from before the Q-1.

Bill

smeshno1@...

I was on the ramp in Enid just as Dave walked in (still a bit pale). He told me what happened and where, and since I am an Oky not 50 miles from Pawhuska I can vouch that Green Country of Eastern Oklahoma is not an easy location to find a good off field. Lots of large oak trees, stony hills, so not many choices. Had Dave not practiced hours in his bird, the outcome would not been as it was. He told me he had "everything in the breeze" to get her slowed down, being too high on final. Still couldn't get her down until after half the asphalt was behind him! I made the decision on the spot for sure the Frankenbird will have the belly speed brake. And my 40 hours required test area based out of Cushing airport. FLAT..big runways and no trees to speak of and about 30 miles from my homestead. EAA Arlington in 2012 offered a seminar by pilots who experienced in flight emergency of one kind or another..mostly in the Seattle area. I was really impressed at each presenter. One speaker had three rather scary I remember. Dave will have to say his engine choice but talk at the table, Jim, was on the 2300 Rev Master. Not a bolt on but a workable mod with not too much cowl revision. Charlie had a good point on VW automotive vs aviation heads, and RevMaster did the engineering to throw off the heat effectively.

I thought I would wait until the dust settled but you did an admirable job saving the airframe. Thats one of the reasons I don't like taking long trips and possibly stranded several states away from home. Did you have to clean the seats? Ha Ha. I've been there and done that and it was very scary. I dead sticked into Livermore a few years ago during one of our airshows. It puckered my butt real good. Are you putting a Revmaster back in it or exploring options?

Dave I wish you a quick return to service. Sorry to hear about your mishap.

Best,
Jim
N46JP

Bill Higdon

Terry,

It's a shame Pea Pod never flew even as a RC model, of course with the current Drone paranoia it would be more difficult today.

Bill

PS yes I'm that olde & have been around homebuilts that long

Terrence ONeill

Built a 50% scale glider which. Flew very stably, free throws, many launches. Needed a reliable engine a much better landing gear and a ballistic ‘chute. Not available then, and I had a growing family.
Nice being remembered; thanks, Bill.
Terry

On Sep 24, 2021, at 11:11 AM, Bill Higdon via groups.io <willard561@...> wrote:

Terry,

It's a shame Pea Pod never flew even as a RC model, of course with the current Drone paranoia it would be more difficult today.

Bill

PS yes I'm that olde & have been around homebuilts that long

Anthony P

Modular cylinder.  Fits any piston you want.

Two birds, no tails.  :(