Dawn Sunday OSH

Jay Scheevel

Hi All,
Beautiful morning while camping with my Q in Homebuilt camping at Oshkosh. Wish you were here.

Tri-Q2, N8WQ 165 hours

Richard Thomson

Glad you got there ok Jay, enjoy.

Got 2 engine runs done this week, so progress a little.

Have a good time.

Rich T.

On 25/07/2021 16:42, Jay Scheevel wrote:
Hi All,
Beautiful morning while camping with my Q in Homebuilt camping at Oshkosh. Wish you were here.

Tri-Q2, N8WQ 165 hours

Richard Kaczmarek 3RD

We seen your plane over in homebuilt camping last night. We also seen what looks like a very nice Dragonfly over at Waupaca Municipal Airport.

Richard & Wendy

On Sun, Jul 25, 2021, 10:57 AM Richard Thomson <richard@...> wrote:
Glad you got there ok Jay, enjoy.

Got 2 engine runs done this week, so progress a little.

Have a good time.

Rich T.

On 25/07/2021 16:42, Jay Scheevel wrote:
> Hi All,
> Beautiful morning while camping with my Q in Homebuilt camping at Oshkosh. Wish you were here.
>
> Cheers,
> Jay
> Tri-Q2, N8WQ 165 hours

Bruce Crain

What a wonderful scene Jay!  And I’ve gotta feeling some award is going to follow you home!  Such a nice Q!
Blessings!
Bruce and Honey Lamb

On Jul 25, 2021, at 11:03 AM, Richard Kaczmarek 3RD <fastlittleairplanes@...> wrote:

We seen your plane over in homebuilt camping last night. We also seen what looks like a very nice Dragonfly over at Waupaca Municipal Airport.

Richard & Wendy

On Sun, Jul 25, 2021, 10:57 AM Richard Thomson <richard@...> wrote:
Glad you got there ok Jay, enjoy.

Got 2 engine runs done this week, so progress a little.

Have a good time.

Rich T.

On 25/07/2021 16:42, Jay Scheevel wrote:
> Hi All,
> Beautiful morning while camping with my Q in Homebuilt camping at Oshkosh. Wish you were here.
>
> Cheers,
> Jay
> Tri-Q2, N8WQ 165 hours

Jay Scheevel

Lots of Cozy’s and long-eze’s here. I will fly my Q in the homebuilt review to close out the Tuesday air show.  Just before 5 pm if anyone is here. Also, our Quickie gathering is 10 to 11 at homebuilders back porch on Wednesday.

On Jul 25, 2021, at 11:35 AM, Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:

What a wonderful scene Jay!  And I’ve gotta feeling some award is going to follow you home!  Such a nice Q!
Blessings!
Bruce and Honey Lamb

On Jul 25, 2021, at 11:03 AM, Richard Kaczmarek 3RD <fastlittleairplanes@...> wrote:

We seen your plane over in homebuilt camping last night. We also seen what looks like a very nice Dragonfly over at Waupaca Municipal Airport.

Richard & Wendy

On Sun, Jul 25, 2021, 10:57 AM Richard Thomson <richard@...> wrote:
Glad you got there ok Jay, enjoy.

Got 2 engine runs done this week, so progress a little.

Have a good time.

Rich T.

On 25/07/2021 16:42, Jay Scheevel wrote:
> Hi All,
> Beautiful morning while camping with my Q in Homebuilt camping at Oshkosh. Wish you were here.
>
> Cheers,
> Jay
> Tri-Q2, N8WQ 165 hours

I did the Homebuilt review a few years ago in my sonex! Fun experience for sure.  Hopefully you can get someone to take pictures or film it

Mike.   200 QK

On Jul 25, 2021, at 11:48 AM, Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

Lots of Cozy’s and long-eze’s here. I will fly my Q in the homebuilt review to close out the Tuesday air show.  Just before 5 pm if anyone is here. Also, our Quickie gathering is 10 to 11 at homebuilders back porch on Wednesday.

On Jul 25, 2021, at 11:35 AM, Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:

What a wonderful scene Jay!  And I’ve gotta feeling some award is going to follow you home!  Such a nice Q!
Blessings!
Bruce and Honey Lamb

On Jul 25, 2021, at 11:03 AM, Richard Kaczmarek 3RD <fastlittleairplanes@...> wrote:

We seen your plane over in homebuilt camping last night. We also seen what looks like a very nice Dragonfly over at Waupaca Municipal Airport.

Richard & Wendy

On Sun, Jul 25, 2021, 10:57 AM Richard Thomson <richard@...> wrote:
Glad you got there ok Jay, enjoy.

Got 2 engine runs done this week, so progress a little.

Have a good time.

Rich T.

On 25/07/2021 16:42, Jay Scheevel wrote:
> Hi All,
> Beautiful morning while camping with my Q in Homebuilt camping at Oshkosh. Wish you were here.
>
> Cheers,
> Jay
> Tri-Q2, N8WQ 165 hours

Ryszard Zadow

Good to see you Jay. Thanks for stopping by the RAFE LongEZ.

Ryszard

On Jul 25, 2021, at 11:03, Richard Kaczmarek 3RD <fastlittleairplanes@...> wrote:

We seen your plane over in homebuilt camping last night. We also seen what looks like a very nice Dragonfly over at Waupaca Municipal Airport.

Richard & Wendy

On Sun, Jul 25, 2021, 10:57 AM Richard Thomson <richard@...> wrote:
Glad you got there ok Jay, enjoy.

Got 2 engine runs done this week, so progress a little.

Have a good time.

Rich T.

On 25/07/2021 16:42, Jay Scheevel wrote:
> Hi All,
> Beautiful morning while camping with my Q in Homebuilt camping at Oshkosh. Wish you were here.
>
> Cheers,
> Jay
> Tri-Q2, N8WQ 165 hours

John Hoxie

Jay,
Wish I was there. Make sure on Monday you watch for its first ever public manned flight, the aircraft design that Burt Rutan calls 'clever', is Opener's Black Fly, the amphibious eVTOL ultralight!

On Sun, Jul 25, 2021 at 9:42 AM, Jay Scheevel
<jay@...> wrote:
Hi All,
Beautiful morning while camping with my Q in Homebuilt camping at Oshkosh. Wish you were here.

Tri-Q2, N8WQ 165 hours

RK

Awesome, I will try and attempt to find you tonight or tomorrow morning!

On Sun, Jul 25, 2021, 10:42 AM Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:
Hi All,
Beautiful morning while camping with my Q in Homebuilt camping at Oshkosh. Wish you were here.

Tri-Q2, N8WQ 165 hours

Hey Jay,

I got in later this afternoon, Sunday. Walked the flight line from Vintage to the homebuilts and the RAFE EZE’s. From there where are you? And nice photo.

Also, on an earlier subject, was anyone in the group lucky enough to have flown on Aluminum Overcast back during the days when everyone was allowed to take a turn flying it?

I was on in in 1998. We met the airplane at Severville TN for the inbound to Terre Haute. I got about 15 minutes logged. I remember Ed & Connie Bolin we’re the pilots & Connie was RT seat. When it came my turn, I remember having read that B-17’s were very heavy on the controls, so I banked it some. Connie asked what I thought I was doing so I told her. She asked if I was a pilot…yup. Then told me to do what I wanted just have it back on heading when done.
Still remember it minute by minute after all these years.

See ya all at the Jay sponsored mtg Wednesday here at AirVenture.
Keith

Lots of Cozy’s and long-eze’s here. I will fly my Q in the homebuilt review to close out the Tuesday air show. Just before 5 pm if anyone is here. Also, our Quickie gathering is 10 to 11 at homebuilders back porch on Wednesday.
Cheers,Jay

On Sun, Jul 25, 2021, 10:57 AM Richard Thomson <richard@cloudland.co.uk> wrote:
Glad you got there ok Jay, enjoy.

Got 2 engine runs done this week, so progress a little.

Have a good time.

Rich T.

On 25/07/2021 16:42, Jay Scheevel wrote:
Hi All,
Beautiful morning while camping with my Q in Homebuilt camping at Oshkosh. Wish you were here.

Tri-Q2, N8WQ 165 hours

Civil Rights Icon Who Taught Math, Too, Dies
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60fe125aa4b39125a6115st01vuc1
Passengers Taken Off Plane After Teens Sends Gun Pic
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60fe125ac7f27125a6115st01vuc2
Teen Pleads Guilty After Grandfather Dies in 'Swatting'
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60fe125aeb8e0125a6115st01vuc3

Jay Scheevel

Hi Keith,

Glad to hear that you are here. If you go to the RAFE guys and go straight west to the boundary fence I am in the second row from the fence, near the large pavilion. Row 314. Save me I am surrounded by RV’s ! ;-)

More T-18’s are coming in Tuesday.

On Jul 25, 2021, at 8:40 PM, Keith Welsh <kw544@juno.com> wrote:

[...]

Terry Crouch

I flew the B-17 the Tri Motor AND the T-38 simulator. I was told the simulator cost twice as much as the real jet. The sad part is that sim time was when I was 15 years old. Arrived OSH today also.  Terry Crouch

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

On Sunday, July 25, 2021, 8:40 PM, Keith Welsh <kw544@...> wrote:

Hey Jay,

I got in later this afternoon, Sunday.  Walked the flight line from Vintage to the homebuilts and the RAFE EZE’s.  From there where are you?  And nice photo.

Also, on an earlier subject, was anyone in the group lucky enough to have flown on Aluminum Overcast back during the days when everyone was allowed to take a turn flying it?

I was on in in 1998.  We met the airplane at Severville TN for the inbound to Terre Haute.  I got about 15 minutes logged.  I remember Ed & Connie Bolin we’re the pilots & Connie was RT seat.  When it came my turn, I remember having read that B-17’s were very heavy on the controls, so I banked it some.  Connie asked what I thought I was doing so I told her.  She asked if I was a pilot…yup.  Then told me to do what I wanted just have it back on heading when done.
Still remember it minute by minute after all these years.

See ya all at the Jay sponsored mtg Wednesday here at AirVenture.
Keith

Lots of Cozy’s and long-eze’s here. I will fly my Q in the homebuilt review to close out the Tuesday air show.  Just before 5 pm if anyone is here. Also, our Quickie gathering is 10 to 11 at homebuilders back porch on Wednesday.
Cheers,Jay

On Jul 25, 2021, at 11:35 AM, Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:

What a wonderful scene Jay!  And I’ve gotta feeling some award is going to follow you home!  Such a nice Q!Blessings!Bruce and Honey Lamb

On Jul 25, 2021, at 11:03 AM, Richard Kaczmarek 3RD <fastlittleairplanes@...> wrote:

We seen your plane over in homebuilt camping last night. We also seen what looks like a very nice Dragonfly over at Waupaca Municipal Airport.
Richard & Wendy
On Sun, Jul 25, 2021, 10:57 AM Richard Thomson <richard@...> wrote:
Glad you got there ok Jay, enjoy.

Got 2 engine runs done this week, so progress a little.

Have a good time.

Rich T.

On 25/07/2021 16:42, Jay Scheevel wrote:
> Hi All,
> Beautiful morning while camping with my Q in Homebuilt camping at Oshkosh. Wish you were here.
>
> Cheers,
> Jay
> Tri-Q2, N8WQ 165 hours

Civil Rights Icon Who Taught Math, Too, Dies
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60fe125aa4b39125a6115st01vuc1
Passengers Taken Off Plane After Teens Sends Gun Pic
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60fe125ac7f27125a6115st01vuc2
Teen Pleads Guilty After Grandfather Dies in 'Swatting'
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60fe125aeb8e0125a6115st01vuc3

Jerry Marstall

Hello Keith
Nancy and I both got left seat time in KAVL.  Jerry

Will be looking for you.

On Sun, Jul 25, 2021, 8:40 PM Keith Welsh <kw544@...> wrote:
Hey Jay,

I got in later this afternoon, Sunday.  Walked the flight line from Vintage to the homebuilts and the RAFE EZE’s.  From there where are you?  And nice photo.

Also, on an earlier subject, was anyone in the group lucky enough to have flown on Aluminum Overcast back during the days when everyone was allowed to take a turn flying it?

I was on in in 1998.  We met the airplane at Severville TN for the inbound to Terre Haute.  I got about 15 minutes logged.  I remember Ed & Connie Bolin we’re the pilots & Connie was RT seat.  When it came my turn, I remember having read that B-17’s were very heavy on the controls, so I banked it some.  Connie asked what I thought I was doing so I told her.  She asked if I was a pilot…yup.  Then told me to do what I wanted just have it back on heading when done.
Still remember it minute by minute after all these years.

See ya all at the Jay sponsored mtg Wednesday here at AirVenture.
Keith

Lots of Cozy’s and long-eze’s here. I will fly my Q in the homebuilt review to close out the Tuesday air show.  Just before 5 pm if anyone is here. Also, our Quickie gathering is 10 to 11 at homebuilders back porch on Wednesday.
Cheers,Jay

On Jul 25, 2021, at 11:35 AM, Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:

What a wonderful scene Jay!  And I’ve gotta feeling some award is going to follow you home!  Such a nice Q!Blessings!Bruce and Honey Lamb

On Jul 25, 2021, at 11:03 AM, Richard Kaczmarek 3RD <fastlittleairplanes@...> wrote:

We seen your plane over in homebuilt camping last night. We also seen what looks like a very nice Dragonfly over at Waupaca Municipal Airport.
Richard & Wendy
On Sun, Jul 25, 2021, 10:57 AM Richard Thomson <richard@...> wrote:
Glad you got there ok Jay, enjoy.

Got 2 engine runs done this week, so progress a little.

Have a good time.

Rich T.

On 25/07/2021 16:42, Jay Scheevel wrote:
> Hi All,
> Beautiful morning while camping with my Q in Homebuilt camping at Oshkosh. Wish you were here.
>
> Cheers,
> Jay
> Tri-Q2, N8WQ 165 hours

Civil Rights Icon Who Taught Math, Too, Dies
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60fe125aa4b39125a6115st01vuc1
Passengers Taken Off Plane After Teens Sends Gun Pic
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60fe125ac7f27125a6115st01vuc2
Teen Pleads Guilty After Grandfather Dies in 'Swatting'
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60fe125aeb8e0125a6115st01vuc3

Jon Swenson

Hey quickie guys I’m working at Steinair outside booth stop by and say 👋

Jay Scheevel

Hi Terry,

Been telling the cozy guys about your project and that the best is yet to come, so now you’re really on the hook!