Engine Question

Mike Dwyer

So my oil pressure has been getting slowly worse over time.  I highly suspect my accessory cover with the oil pump is worn out.  So, is there anywhere that rebuilds these things.  I'd like them to measure my gears also to see if they are in spec.
Thanks,
Mike Dwyer  Q200 N3QP

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

Bruce Crain

Seems like a bought a new one from Fresno Airsomething years ago.  Google airplane supply in Fresno, CA
Bruce

On Nov 11, 2021, at 3:48 PM, Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:

So my oil pressure has been getting slowly worse over time.  I highly suspect my accessory cover with the oil pump is worn out.  So, is there anywhere that rebuilds these things.  I'd like them to measure my gears also to see if they are in spec.
Thanks,
Mike Dwyer  Q200 N3QP

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

Jim Patillo

Hey Mike,

Bruce is right. You might be able to get some help from Fresno Airparts, Fresno, Ca. They are open Monday-Friday.

Jim
N46JP - Q200

Seems like a bought a new one from Fresno Airsomething years ago.  Google airplane supply in Fresno, CA
Bruce

On Nov 11, 2021, at 3:48 PM, Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:

So my oil pressure has been getting slowly worse over time.  I highly suspect my accessory cover with the oil pump is worn out.  So, is there anywhere that rebuilds these things.  I'd like them to measure my gears also to see if they are in spec.
Thanks,
Mike Dwyer  Q200 N3QP

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

Bruce Crain

Say Mike with respect to the accessory case you might call Divco in Tulsa, OK.  They rebuild case halves and I think they do accessory cases perhaps.
Worth a try.  I have used them and had wonderful results with them.
Bruce

Bruce is right. You might be able to get some help from Fresno Airparts, Fresno, Ca. They are open Monday-Friday.

Jim
N46JP - Q200

Seems like a bought a new one from Fresno Airsomething years ago.  Google airplane supply in Fresno, CA
Bruce

On Nov 11, 2021, at 3:48 PM, Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:
So my oil pressure has been getting slowly worse over time.  I highly suspect my accessory cover with the oil pump is worn out.  So, is there anywhere that rebuilds these things.  I'd like them to measure my gears also to see if they are in spec.
Thanks,
Mike Dwyer  Q200 N3QP

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

smeshno1@...

I am surprised in Mike's neck of the woods no shops work on certificated engines and yellow tag support overhaul parts such as this. Tulsa has a large
following of Lycosaurus shops..not far from Spartan schools. Anything and everything. They might also be privy to Teledyne. I'll call them when I get
back in two weeks and ask for pricing.

Bruce is right. You might be able to get some help from Fresno Airparts, Fresno, Ca. They are open Monday-Friday.

Jim
N46JP - Q200

Seems like a bought a new one from Fresno Airsomething years ago.  Google airplane supply in Fresno, CA
Bruce

On Nov 11, 2021, at 3:48 PM, Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:

So my oil pressure has been getting slowly worse over time.  I highly suspect my accessory cover with the oil pump is worn out.  So, is there anywhere that rebuilds these things.  I'd like them to measure my gears also to see if they are in spec.
Thanks,
Mike Dwyer  Q200 N3QP

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

Michael

Maybe try calling Don's Dream Machines down here in the SE? Don specialized in the baby continentals for the Cub crowd; looks like he got bought out in 2017 from the FB page though:

--
-MD
#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)

smeshno1@...

 Yes.. that's them, Bruce.  The two shops next to each other, between them are working many a light aircraft engine.

 Busy shop!   That is where I will be taking my GM Nitrided crankshafts to have mag checked for the Frankenbird and
Capella.

 We are fortunate that NDI is available in Tulsa at several locations, and being in the center of the 48 States
makes the shipping cost level for businesses or individuals.

 Give them a call. Divco.