Topics

Facet Fuel Pump

Mike Dwyer

As reported earlier my 20 year old Facet Fuel pump failed last week.  These things now go for $70 (auto parts store) but the BraveX (knockoff?) sells for $20.  I've got one flight in with the BraveX and seems to be nice.  It's virtually the same form fit and function as the Facet but it runs quieter.

I made a video so you can hear the difference in the two pumps when dry.  They are both pretty quiet when they have fuel to pump.  The video also shows the 20 year old Facet pump insides.  I'm always curious what's inside stuff so I took it apart.  The Facet previously did nothing when powered up but on the bench when I jumped the protection diode the darn thing started working and now won't quit.

Funny that today Facet advertises the pump as new "Solid State Fuel Pump" but it looks like 20 years ago it was also solid state!  Marketing...

We'll see how long the BraveX runs!

youtube video

Mike Dwyer

YouTube Videos: https://goo.gl/yKEHfK
Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

Corbin

Thanks for the video.  My Faucet solid state (currently $39 on Aircraft Spruce) is much quieter than both those examples In your video.  Which is good because I thought mine was loud before now.

Corbin

--

Corbin
N33QR

Michael

Maybe instead of solid state the new ones are "quiet state" 😁

Mike: Do you think the diode could be replaced and the pump repaired? Be an interesting data point and might leave you a spare...

Would be kind of fun to run the Facet+BraveX pumps side by side 24/7 circulating a test fluid to see how long they last. Anyone got 83 days to waste??
--
-MD

#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)