Field Of Dreams 2021

Bruce Crain

Hanger full of FOD 2021 in the hanger that hosted the Vance 80th Anniversary!
Also high time Sammy Hoskins over 2000 hrs!

CIA Warned of Civilians Just After Strike's Launch
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/61465c841d1075c821ec7st04vuc1
DC Protesters Are Outnumbered
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/61465c843c01d5c821ec7st04vuc2
Official: 'Good Progress' on Plan to Deal With Surge of Migrants
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/61465c845afe45c821ec7st04vuc3

Jon Finley

I made it home - Yay!
Trip home was into the wind, of course. Slowest ground speed seen was 125kts, best was 158kts. Still not a fan of headwind but it doesn't seem to matter, it finds me anyway.  Made a quick stop at Tucumcari, NM for fuel and spent a good part of the trip pretty low to avoid the wind. Managed to purge 7,296 airborne bugs from along the the route.

A few photos for all to enjoy...

Kevin's arrival:

A few photos of the Dave Dugas rescue. He started his drive east to MA late afternoon on Saturday. Last I heard, he was making good progress.

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4

Jon Finley

And a couple photos of the awards banquet.

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4

Made it home. Touched down at 1530est at HUF, Terre Haute, IN. Very nice weekend thanks Bruce and honey lamb. They did a great job hosting and taking care of us. Really nice seeing those who’s names are all I knew of them. And especially glad to have a chat via face time with our founder Jimmy. Your lookin good Jim, wish you could have been there.
Glad I was able to attend.
Keith

Hanger full of FOD 2021 in the hanger that hosted the Vance 80th Anniversary!
Also high time Sammy Hoskins over 2000 hrs!

CIA Warned of Civilians Just After Strike's Launch
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/61465c841d1075c821ec7st04vuc1
DC Protesters Are Outnumbered
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/61465c843c01d5c821ec7st04vuc2
Official: 'Good Progress' on Plan to Deal With Surge of Migrants
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/61465c845afe45c821ec7st04vuc3

Jon Finley

Thanks for these photos Bruce. One thing stands out - and I admit that I may be a bit biased - it kind of looks like the best looking men went on the run to Pawhusta, OK to work!! :-)

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4

Corbin

Here is my obligatory, "next year" comment.  LIfe and work have been crazy the last 3-4 months but I think things are slowing down.  Catching up on this thread and glad quite a few people made it this year.  I hope to be back flying in October!

Corbin

--

Corbin
N121CG

Anthony P

Somebody tell Dave that he's got a bent pushrod tube.
He should look into that before the next flight.  :)

I second Corbin on the next year

Mike N.  200QK

On Sep 20, 2021, at 9:48 AM, Anthony P <solarant@...> wrote:

Somebody tell Dave that he's got a bent pushrod tube.
He should look into that before the next flight.  :)

smeshno1@...

 Dave.. let us know your bird was extracted with no "truck hash".  Ya..WOULD recommend the pushrod be looked at..but the connecting rod ventilated VW case should be ok!! JB weld ...fixes everything in Oklahoma. I tihnk the Pawhuska O'Reilly's has it on the shelf.

 Grins.

 On the serious side..  I am please and admire you that made the successful ON FIELD precautionary landing.  Your skill in flying your Q under this type of event is a valuable lesson. Hats off Dave!  Keep us informed please.

Vern
Mannford Ok

Trip home was into the wind, of course. Slowest ground speed seen was 125kts, best was 158kts. Still not a fan of headwind but it doesn't seem to matter, it finds me anyway.  Made a quick stop at Tucumcari, NM for fuel and spent a good part of the trip pretty low to avoid the wind. Managed to purge 7,296 airborne bugs from along the the route.

A few photos for all to enjoy...

Kevin's arrival:

A few photos of the Dave Dugas rescue. He started his drive east to MA late afternoon on Saturday. Last I heard, he was making good progress.

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4

Bruce Crain

Jon, they say “good lookin’ is in the eyes of the beerholder”!  😉. And I did find a few pop tops in my pickup.  🤣
Bruce

On Sep 20, 2021, at 11:48 AM, Anthony P <solarant@...> wrote:

Somebody tell Dave that he's got a bent pushrod tube.
He should look into that before the next flight.  :)

I'm very upset I was too sick to go poking around the Q's this year.