From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Terrence ONeill
Sent: Friday, November 5, 2021 9:14 AM
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] "Field Of Dreams" 2021 Report

Who has brake pedals on their rudder pedals, on their Q200?
I need to add them to my just-bought Q200 with Jabiru 3300.
Thanks,
Terry O’Neill
Troneill@charter.net

Bruce Crain

Talk to Paul Fisher. He has a duel control at his left hand with differential braking. When his tail spring broke, several years ago, he still was able to control his landing with these 2 handles. Pretty important with a tail stagger!
It will be a lot easier to manufacture than crawling under the panel to the front of the fuselage.
Bruce
On Nov 5, 2021, at 10:14 AM, Terrence ONeill <troneill@charter.net> wrote:

Who has brake pedals on their rudder pedals, on their Q200?
I need to add them to my just-bought Q200 with Jabiru 3300.
Thanks,
Terry O’Neill
Troneill@charter.net

What This Week's Results Mean for Trump
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559845054f59836654st02duc1
Pfizer: COVID Pill Results Are Beyond Our 'Wildest Dreams'
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559846fa7459836654st02duc2
Gulf Countries Ban Eternals
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559849081859836654st02duc3

Paul Fisher

I think it's a personal preference - hand brakes versus toe brakes.  I very much like my hand brakes. In addition to the issue Bruce mentioned, I think I get much finer control of the braking action.  Perhaps I'm just better with my hands than my feet!

If you do go to toe brakes, you should also look at the pivot in the tail (part of the Jim-Bob six pack).  That will keep you from over stressing the rudder mounts when you stand on the brakes.

But I agree with Jay, you should fly it the way it is and see if you can get used to it.  Paul flew it very successfully for a long time.  No need to mess with success!

Paul Fisher
Q-200 N17PF  ~1,750 hours over 30+ years

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021, 09:20 Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:
Talk to Paul Fisher.  He has a duel control at his left hand with differential braking.  When his tail spring broke, several years ago, he still was able to control his landing with these 2 handles.  Pretty important with a tail stagger!
It will be a lot easier to manufacture than crawling under the panel to the front of the fuselage.
Bruce
> On Nov 5, 2021, at 10:14 AM, Terrence ONeill <troneill@...> wrote:
>
> Who has brake pedals on their rudder pedals, on their Q200?
> I need to add them to my just-bought Q200 with Jabiru 3300.
> Thanks,
> Terry O’Neill
> Troneill@...

What This Week's Results Mean for Trump
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559845054f59836654st02duc1
Pfizer: COVID Pill Results Are Beyond Our 'Wildest Dreams'
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559846fa7459836654st02duc2
Gulf Countries Ban Eternals
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559849081859836654st02duc3

Jay Scheevel

Bruce...Paul would probably have better control in a duel using his right hand. Duels can be tricky if you are using the wrong hand!  😉

Talk to Paul Fisher.  He has a duel control at his left hand with differential braking.  When his tail spring broke, several years ago, he still was able to control his landing with these 2 handles.  Pretty important with a tail stagger!

It will be a lot easier to manufacture than crawling under the panel to the front of the fuselage.

Bruce

> On Nov 5, 2021, at 10:14 AM, Terrence ONeill <troneill@...> wrote:

> Who has brake pedals on their rudder pedals, on their Q200?

> I need to add them to my just-bought Q200 with Jabiru 3300.

> Thanks,

> Terry O’Neill

> Troneill@...

What This Week's Results Mean for Trump

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559845054f59836654st02duc1

Pfizer: COVID Pill Results Are Beyond Our 'Wildest Dreams'

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559846fa7459836654st02duc2

Gulf Countries Ban Eternals

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559849081859836654st02duc3

Paul Fisher

Not if you are left handed!  Which I am.

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021, 11:01 Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

Bruce...Paul would probably have better control in a duel using his right hand. Duels can be tricky if you are using the wrong hand!  😉

Talk to Paul Fisher.  He has a duel control at his left hand with differential braking.  When his tail spring broke, several years ago, he still was able to control his landing with these 2 handles.  Pretty important with a tail stagger!

It will be a lot easier to manufacture than crawling under the panel to the front of the fuselage.

Bruce

> On Nov 5, 2021, at 10:14 AM, Terrence ONeill <troneill@...> wrote:

> Who has brake pedals on their rudder pedals, on their Q200?

> I need to add them to my just-bought Q200 with Jabiru 3300.

> Thanks,

> Terry O’Neill

> Troneill@...

What This Week's Results Mean for Trump

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559845054f59836654st02duc1

Pfizer: COVID Pill Results Are Beyond Our 'Wildest Dreams'

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559846fa7459836654st02duc2

Gulf Countries Ban Eternals

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559849081859836654st02duc3

Jay Scheevel

Guess I would not make a good second for your duel…..better get Kevin!

Not if you are left handed!  Which I am.

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021, 11:01 Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

Bruce...Paul would probably have better control in a duel using his right hand. Duels can be tricky if you are using the wrong hand!  😉

Talk to Paul Fisher.  He has a duel control at his left hand with differential braking.  When his tail spring broke, several years ago, he still was able to control his landing with these 2 handles.  Pretty important with a tail stagger!

It will be a lot easier to manufacture than crawling under the panel to the front of the fuselage.

Bruce

> On Nov 5, 2021, at 10:14 AM, Terrence ONeill <troneill@...> wrote:

> Who has brake pedals on their rudder pedals, on their Q200?

> I need to add them to my just-bought Q200 with Jabiru 3300.

> Thanks,

> Terry O’Neill

> Troneill@...

What This Week's Results Mean for Trump

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559845054f59836654st02duc1

Pfizer: COVID Pill Results Are Beyond Our 'Wildest Dreams'

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559846fa7459836654st02duc2

Gulf Countries Ban Eternals

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559849081859836654st02duc3

Chris Walterson

Here's a picture of what I did.------------  Chris

Terrence ONeill

Thanks. Yes, N131PS is seasoned. But my habits over 2300 hrs, half inexperimentals , including about 350 in a Dragonfly and lots of tail wheels before that warned me not to try to make new habits on top of. Old ones.
So if anyone’s has put brake pedals atop the rudder tubes, I’ d love to see how.
Also, can I trust the go art disc brakes sand wheels, or might I try some mods there?
This is a great group. I’d like to visit a Q200 dude while home next few weeks in southern Il. I live in Carlyle, by the lake.
Thanks for the suggestions ..
Terry

On Nov 5, 2021, at 11:40 AM, Paul Fisher <rv7a.n18pf@...> wrote:

I think it's a personal preference - hand brakes versus toe brakes.  I very much like my hand brakes. In addition to the issue Bruce mentioned, I think I get much finer control of the braking action.  Perhaps I'm just better with my hands than my feet!

If you do go to toe brakes, you should also look at the pivot in the tail (part of the Jim-Bob six pack).  That will keep you from over stressing the rudder mounts when you stand on the brakes.

But I agree with Jay, you should fly it the way it is and see if you can get used to it.  Paul flew it very successfully for a long time.  No need to mess with success.

Paul Fisher
Q-200 N17PF  ~1,750 hours over 30+ years

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021, 09:20 Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:
Talk to Paul Fisher.  He has a duel control at his left hand with differential braking.  When his tail spring broke, several years ago, he still was able to control his landing with these 2 handles.  Pretty important with a tail stagger!
It will be a lot easier to manufacture than crawling under the panel to the front of the fuselage.
Bruce
> On Nov 5, 2021, at 10:14 AM, Terrence ONeill <troneill@...> wrote:
>
> Who has brake pedals on their rudder pedals, on their Q200?
> I need to add them to my just-bought Q200 with Jabiru 3300.
> Thanks,
> Terry O’Neill
> Troneill@...

What This Week's Results Mean for Trump
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559845054f59836654st02duc1
Pfizer: COVID Pill Results Are Beyond Our 'Wildest Dreams'
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559846fa7459836654st02duc2
Gulf Countries Ban Eternals
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559849081859836654st02duc3

Jim Patillo

Hi Terry, welcome back.

The Airheart "go-cart" brakes you refer to have worked fine on my Q for 21 + years. I have dual "toe" brakes mounted on and above the rudder tubes. I believe there are some pictures in the files section. Toe brakes on this plane works great but like Paul said it's what you get use to (oh and they are a lot harder to install).🙂

Regards,
Jim
Q200 1808 hrs. Plane flies almost weekly.

Thanks. Yes, N131PS is seasoned. But my habits over 2300 hrs, half inexperimentals , including about 350 in a Dragonfly and lots of tail wheels before that warned me not to try to make new habits on top of. Old ones.
So if anyone’s has put brake pedals atop the rudder tubes, I’ d love to see how.
Also, can I trust the go art disc brakes sand wheels, or might I try some mods there?
This is a great group. I’d like to visit a Q200 dude while home next few weeks in southern Il. I live in Carlyle, by the lake.
Thanks for the suggestions ..
Terry

On Nov 5, 2021, at 11:40 AM, Paul Fisher <rv7a.n18pf@...> wrote:

I think it's a personal preference - hand brakes versus toe brakes.  I very much like my hand brakes. In addition to the issue Bruce mentioned, I think I get much finer control of the braking action.  Perhaps I'm just better with my hands than my feet!

If you do go to toe brakes, you should also look at the pivot in the tail (part of the Jim-Bob six pack).  That will keep you from over stressing the rudder mounts when you stand on the brakes.

But I agree with Jay, you should fly it the way it is and see if you can get used to it.  Paul flew it very successfully for a long time.  No need to mess with success.

Paul Fisher
Q-200 N17PF  ~1,750 hours over 30+ years

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021, 09:20 Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:
Talk to Paul Fisher.  He has a duel control at his left hand with differential braking.  When his tail spring broke, several years ago, he still was able to control his landing with these 2 handles.  Pretty important with a tail stagger!
It will be a lot easier to manufacture than crawling under the panel to the front of the fuselage.
Bruce
> On Nov 5, 2021, at 10:14 AM, Terrence ONeill <troneill@...> wrote:
>
> Who has brake pedals on their rudder pedals, on their Q200?
> I need to add them to my just-bought Q200 with Jabiru 3300.
> Thanks,
> Terry O’Neill
> Troneill@...

What This Week's Results Mean for Trump
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559845054f59836654st02duc1
Pfizer: COVID Pill Results Are Beyond Our 'Wildest Dreams'
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559846fa7459836654st02duc2
Gulf Countries Ban Eternals
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559849081859836654st02duc3

Jay Scheevel

Hi Terry,

Sam Hoskins lives in Carbondale IL (or near by, anyway), so he may be available to meet you. Maybe you could look at his Q-200 braking system, which to my recollection is individual finger pull hydraulic brakes. He will correct me if I am remembering wrong.

Thanks. Yes, N131PS is seasoned. But my habits over 2300 hrs, half inexperimentals , including about 350 in a Dragonfly and lots of tail wheels before that warned me not to try to make new habits on top of. Old ones.

So if anyone’s has put brake pedals atop the rudder tubes, I’ d love to see how.

Also, can I trust the go art disc brakes sand wheels, or might I try some mods there?

This is a great group. I’d like to visit a Q200 dude while home next few weeks in southern Il. I live in Carlyle, by the lake.

Thanks for the suggestions ..

Terry

On Nov 5, 2021, at 11:40 AM, Paul Fisher <rv7a.n18pf@...> wrote:

I think it's a personal preference - hand brakes versus toe brakes.  I very much like my hand brakes. In addition to the issue Bruce mentioned, I think I get much finer control of the braking action.  Perhaps I'm just better with my hands than my feet!

If you do go to toe brakes, you should also look at the pivot in the tail (part of the Jim-Bob six pack).  That will keep you from over stressing the rudder mounts when you stand on the brakes.

But I agree with Jay, you should fly it the way it is and see if you can get used to it.  Paul flew it very successfully for a long time.  No need to mess with success.

Paul Fisher

Q-200 N17PF  ~1,750 hours over 30+ years

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021, 09:20 Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:

Talk to Paul Fisher.  He has a duel control at his left hand with differential braking.  When his tail spring broke, several years ago, he still was able to control his landing with these 2 handles.  Pretty important with a tail stagger!
It will be a lot easier to manufacture than crawling under the panel to the front of the fuselage.
Bruce
> On Nov 5, 2021, at 10:14 AM, Terrence ONeill <troneill@...> wrote:
>
> Who has brake pedals on their rudder pedals, on their Q200?
> I need to add them to my just-bought Q200 with Jabiru 3300.
> Thanks,
> Terry O’Neill
> Troneill@...

What This Week's Results Mean for Trump
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559845054f59836654st02duc1
Pfizer: COVID Pill Results Are Beyond Our 'Wildest Dreams'
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559846fa7459836654st02duc2
Gulf Countries Ban Eternals
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559849081859836654st02duc3

Terry Adams

Toe brakes on my Dragonfly

Terry
N41521

Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Thanks. Yes, N131PS is seasoned. But my habits over 2300 hrs, half inexperimentals , including about 350 in a Dragonfly and lots of tail wheels before that warned me not to try to make new habits on top of. Old ones.
So if anyone’s has put brake pedals atop the rudder tubes, I’ d love to see how.
Also, can I trust the go art disc brakes sand wheels, or might I try some mods there?
This is a great group. I’d like to visit a Q200 dude while home next few weeks in southern Il. I live in Carlyle, by the lake.
Thanks for the suggestions ..
Terry

On Nov 5, 2021, at 11:40 AM, Paul Fisher <rv7a.n18pf@...> wrote:

I think it's a personal preference - hand brakes versus toe brakes.  I very much like my hand brakes. In addition to the issue Bruce mentioned, I think I get much finer control of the braking action.  Perhaps I'm just better with my hands than my feet!

If you do go to toe brakes, you should also look at the pivot in the tail (part of the Jim-Bob six pack).  That will keep you from over stressing the rudder mounts when you stand on the brakes.

But I agree with Jay, you should fly it the way it is and see if you can get used to it.  Paul flew it very successfully for a long time.  No need to mess with success.

Paul Fisher
Q-200 N17PF  ~1,750 hours over 30+ years

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021, 09:20 Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:
Talk to Paul Fisher.  He has a duel control at his left hand with differential braking.  When his tail spring broke, several years ago, he still was able to control his landing with these 2 handles.  Pretty important with a tail stagger!
It will be a lot easier to manufacture than crawling under the panel to the front of the fuselage.
Bruce
> On Nov 5, 2021, at 10:14 AM, Terrence ONeill <troneill@...> wrote:
>
> Who has brake pedals on their rudder pedals, on their Q200?
> I need to add them to my just-bought Q200 with Jabiru 3300.
> Thanks,
> Terry O’Neill
> Troneill@...

What This Week's Results Mean for Trump
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559845054f59836654st02duc1
Pfizer: COVID Pill Results Are Beyond Our 'Wildest Dreams'
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559846fa7459836654st02duc2
Gulf Countries Ban Eternals
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559849081859836654st02duc3

Bruce Crain

Aah haaa!  Game and set!  I think I won this round or "duel" as it might be!
Bruce

Not if you are left handed!  Which I am.

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021, 11:01 Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

Bruce...Paul would probably have better control in a duel using his right hand. Duels can be tricky if you are using the wrong hand!  😉

Talk to Paul Fisher.  He has a duel control at his left hand with differential braking.  When his tail spring broke, several years ago, he still was able to control his landing with these 2 handles.  Pretty important with a tail stagger!

It will be a lot easier to manufacture than crawling under the panel to the front of the fuselage.

Bruce

> On Nov 5, 2021, at 10:14 AM, Terrence ONeill <troneill@...> wrote:

> Who has brake pedals on their rudder pedals, on their Q200?

> I need to add them to my just-bought Q200 with Jabiru 3300.

> Thanks,

> Terry O’Neill

> Troneill@...

What This Week's Results Mean for Trump

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559845054f59836654st02duc1

Pfizer: COVID Pill Results Are Beyond Our 'Wildest Dreams'

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559846fa7459836654st02duc2

Gulf Countries Ban Eternals

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559849081859836654st02duc3

Terrence ONeill

Thanks, Jay

On Nov 5, 2021, at 6:39 PM, Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:

Aah haaa!  Game and set!  I think I won this round or "duel" as it might be!
Bruce

Not if you are left handed!  Which I am.

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021, 11:01 Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

Bruce...Paul would probably have better control in a duel using his right hand. Duels can be tricky if you are using the wrong hand!  😉

Talk to Paul Fisher.  He has a duel control at his left hand with differential braking.  When his tail spring broke, several years ago, he still was able to control his landing with these 2 handles.  Pretty important with a tail stagger!

It will be a lot easier to manufacture than crawling under the panel to the front of the fuselage.

Bruce

> On Nov 5, 2021, at 10:14 AM, Terrence ONeill <troneill@...> wrote:

> Who has brake pedals on their rudder pedals, on their Q200?

> I need to add them to my just-bought Q200 with Jabiru 3300.

> Thanks,

> Terry O’Neill

> Troneill@...

What This Week's Results Mean for Trump

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559845054f59836654st02duc1

Pfizer: COVID Pill Results Are Beyond Our 'Wildest Dreams'

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559846fa7459836654st02duc2

Gulf Countries Ban Eternals

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559849081859836654st02duc3

Terrence ONeill

Thanks for the great photo of brake pedals on the Q rudder tube-pedals.  I can make those after I take some measurements; my master cylinders  are different.
What a relief.  Terry

Begin forwarded message:

Not if you are left handed!  Which I am.

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021, 11:01 Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

Bruce...Paul would probably have better control in a duel using his right hand. Duels can be tricky if you are using the wrong hand!  😉

Talk to Paul Fisher.  He has a duel control at his left hand with differential braking.  When his tail spring broke, several years ago, he still was able to control his landing with these 2 handles.  Pretty important with a tail stagger!

It will be a lot easier to manufacture than crawling under the panel to the front of the fuselage.

Bruce

> On Nov 5, 2021, at 10:14 AM, Terrence ONeill <troneill@...> wrote:

> Who has brake pedals on their rudder pedals, on their Q200?

> I need to add them to my just-bought Q200 with Jabiru 3300.

> Thanks,

> Terry O’Neill

> Troneill@...

What This Week's Results Mean for Trump

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559845054f59836654st02duc1

Pfizer: COVID Pill Results Are Beyond Our 'Wildest Dreams'

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559846fa7459836654st02duc2

Gulf Countries Ban Eternals

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559849081859836654st02duc3

Sam Hoskins

Terrance, I'm in Murphysboro, about an hour and a half south of Carlisle. You're welcome to come down and take a look at mine.

Sam

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021, 2:22 PM Terrence ONeill <troneill@...> wrote:

Thanks. Yes, N131PS is seasoned. But my habits over 2300 hrs, half inexperimentals , including about 350 in a Dragonfly and lots of tail wheels before that warned me not to try to make new habits on top of. Old ones.
So if anyone’s has put brake pedals atop the rudder tubes, I’ d love to see how.
Also, can I trust the go art disc brakes sand wheels, or might I try some mods there?
This is a great group. I’d like to visit a Q200 dude while home next few weeks in southern Il. I live in Carlyle, by the lake.
Thanks for the suggestions ..
Terry

On Nov 5, 2021, at 11:40 AM, Paul Fisher <rv7a.n18pf@...> wrote:

I think it's a personal preference - hand brakes versus toe brakes.  I very much like my hand brakes. In addition to the issue Bruce mentioned, I think I get much finer control of the braking action.  Perhaps I'm just better with my hands than my feet!

If you do go to toe brakes, you should also look at the pivot in the tail (part of the Jim-Bob six pack).  That will keep you from over stressing the rudder mounts when you stand on the brakes.

But I agree with Jay, you should fly it the way it is and see if you can get used to it.  Paul flew it very successfully for a long time.  No need to mess with success.

Paul Fisher
Q-200 N17PF  ~1,750 hours over 30+ years

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021, 09:20 Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:
Talk to Paul Fisher.  He has a duel control at his left hand with differential braking.  When his tail spring broke, several years ago, he still was able to control his landing with these 2 handles.  Pretty important with a tail stagger!
It will be a lot easier to manufacture than crawling under the panel to the front of the fuselage.
Bruce
> On Nov 5, 2021, at 10:14 AM, Terrence ONeill <troneill@...> wrote:
>
> Who has brake pedals on their rudder pedals, on their Q200?
> I need to add them to my just-bought Q200 with Jabiru 3300.
> Thanks,
> Terry O’Neill
> Troneill@...

What This Week's Results Mean for Trump
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559845054f59836654st02duc1
Pfizer: COVID Pill Results Are Beyond Our 'Wildest Dreams'
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559846fa7459836654st02duc2
Gulf Countries Ban Eternals
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559849081859836654st02duc3

Terrence ONeill

Sam
That. Would be great.
We just got back in Carlyle last night, and could drive down today, or when you suggest a time?
Terrence.

On Nov 6, 2021, at 9:19 AM, Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

Terrance, I'm in Murphysboro, about an hour and a half south of Carlisle. You're welcome to come down and take a look at mine.

Sam

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021, 2:22 PM Terrence ONeill <troneill@...> wrote:

Thanks. Yes, N131PS is seasoned. But my habits over 2300 hrs, half inexperimentals , including about 350 in a Dragonfly and lots of tail wheels before that warned me not to try to make new habits on top of. Old ones.
So if anyone’s has put brake pedals atop the rudder tubes, I’ d love to see how.
Also, can I trust the go art disc brakes sand wheels, or might I try some mods there?
This is a great group. I’d like to visit a Q200 dude while home next few weeks in southern Il. I live in Carlyle, by the lake.
Thanks for the suggestions ..
Terry

On Nov 5, 2021, at 11:40 AM, Paul Fisher <rv7a.n18pf@...> wrote:

I think it's a personal preference - hand brakes versus toe brakes.  I very much like my hand brakes. In addition to the issue Bruce mentioned, I think I get much finer control of the braking action.  Perhaps I'm just better with my hands than my feet!

If you do go to toe brakes, you should also look at the pivot in the tail (part of the Jim-Bob six pack).  That will keep you from over stressing the rudder mounts when you stand on the brakes.

But I agree with Jay, you should fly it the way it is and see if you can get used to it.  Paul flew it very successfully for a long time.  No need to mess with success.

Paul Fisher
Q-200 N17PF  ~1,750 hours over 30+ years

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021, 09:20 Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:
Talk to Paul Fisher.  He has a duel control at his left hand with differential braking.  When his tail spring broke, several years ago, he still was able to control his landing with these 2 handles.  Pretty important with a tail stagger!
It will be a lot easier to manufacture than crawling under the panel to the front of the fuselage.
Bruce
> On Nov 5, 2021, at 10:14 AM, Terrence ONeill <troneill@...> wrote:
>
> Who has brake pedals on their rudder pedals, on their Q200?
> I need to add them to my just-bought Q200 with Jabiru 3300.
> Thanks,
> Terry O’Neill
> Troneill@...

What This Week's Results Mean for Trump
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559845054f59836654st02duc1
Pfizer: COVID Pill Results Are Beyond Our 'Wildest Dreams'
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559846fa7459836654st02duc2
Gulf Countries Ban Eternals
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559849081859836654st02duc3

Sam Hoskins