Flew today

Paul Fisher

I haven't flown my Q-200 since Kevin's Spring Fling, but I got a chance to fly today.  In light of the recent fatal accident I was very meticulous about check lists, W&B, reflexor position, airspeeds, etc..  All went well - two good takeoffs and two good landings.  It was 90F and I got hot so I quit.

No beaches or bikinis in sight (you win Mike!), but the Iowa corn crop looks good so far!

Please, everyone fly safely!

Paul Fisher
Q-200 N17PF

Corbin

Nice, Paul.  Glad you got up there and flew.  It’s way too hot for me down here in Dallas so I figured this summer is continued upgrades.  I’m a wimp in the heat.

I do have a very nice Arctic Air cooler that I would love to mount in the baggage area for the summers.  Little big for the passenger seat but it fits there at least.

Corbin

--

Corbin
N121CG

Mike Dwyer

90, you call that hot!  LOL.  Good flight report and good to stay current!  Good thing we're not in Phoenix!

I hate to say it but many of our beaches have a thing called "Red Tide" now.  It takes the O2 out of the water and kills masses of fish.  We had a phosphate mine leak 20 million gallons into Tampa Bay about 6 months ago and it might be the cause.  Anyway, lots of dead fish here!  Hope it clears up.  We are planning a trip to the Keys to do some snorkeling.  That's where we should all meet!
Mike Dwyer

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

On Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 4:15 PM Paul Fisher <rv7a.n18pf@...> wrote:
I haven't flown my Q-200 since Kevin's Spring Fling, but I got a chance to fly today.  In light of the recent fatal accident I was very meticulous about check lists, W&B, reflexor position, airspeeds, etc..  All went well - two good takeoffs and two good landings.  It was 90F and I got hot so I quit.

No beaches or bikinis in sight (you win Mike!), but the Iowa corn crop looks good so far!

Please, everyone fly safely!

Paul Fisher
Q-200 N17PF

Jay Scheevel

Guess you’re not from Alabama, right Mike?  “Roll-tide!”

[...]

Jim Patillo

Hi Mike, I’m in Orlando and and I can verify it is hot and humid!
Jim
N46JP Q200

Sent from Outer Space

[...]

T Dalton

Yes, it only got up to a cool 119 today here in Phoenix...

On Friday, June 18, 2021, 03:59:11 PM MST, Jim Patillo <logistics_engineering@...> wrote:

[...]

Sam Kittle

Our Friday breakfast group flew to Hollister, CA this morning, only two RV-6s and my Mighty Luscombe.  It was hot crossing the Central Valley due to an inversion layer and the headwinds were 20 knots at 5,000’.  I only climbed to 3,000’ to avoid the headwinds and clear the coastal mountains.  As I descended into the Salinas Valley the temperature dropped significantly due to a nice breeze coming off the Pacific Ocean(Hollister is only about 20 miles inland).  Following a wonderful breakfast, I climbed to 5,500’ for the return trip home.  The tailwind was now only 7 knots but the temperature was 80 degrees.  Maintained my altitude until 10 miles from our airport (Calaveras County, elevation 1320’).  When I landed, the temperature was 111 degrees, humidity was only 16 percent (it’s a dry heat but still hot).  I taxied direct to my hangar instead of topping off the fuel.

Sam Kittle
Still building!