Topics

Flight Report

Mike Dwyer

Wow. it's been a while sense last flying.  Our local airport closed RWY 9-27.  I guess they didn't want to re-pave it.  I kinda hated that runway anyway...  But then they decided to pave the intersecting end where the last two runways were.  Then they closed the good runway 4-22 and left all the Training flights, Air Carriers, Coast Guard choppers and C130's to fight it out.  The ground controllers have aged 10 years.  The tower folks are doing fine, just keep em circling!

Then came COVID!  At least aviation is critical.  But what happened is COVID grounded most of the air carriers.  It might have really slowed down the coast guard also as I didn't see any of them at the airport.  I'd say we are back to the traffic count from 1980.

So planning on a long and hot taxi I fired up the Q200.  Luckily they were using RWY 36 so that's my shortest taxi.  No 3 min wake turbulence delays!  Got right off.  Flew about an hour, all the way down our beaches from Tarpon Springs FL to Egmont Key.  Our beaches are closed.  So from the water to the high tide line is the only place people can be.  How did these people get on the beach?  Some took boats, that's ok.  Most cheated the system.

Anyway a beautiful day for aviating, 80F, clear sky, 7K cross wind.  Check out the video I shot.  Unfortunately most of the video was shot pointing into the sun which kinda wrecks it.  And my front camera died pretty early so it didn't get the landing...  Still I needed proof.  I took out the parts the feds might not have liked 😬

Get your Q done while your on Furlough!

Mike Dwyer

YouTube Videos: https://goo.gl/yKEHfK
Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

Jim Patillo

Hey Mike, nice video. Does that thing float? Just askin😊. I remember one up in Canada seemed to do ok when it landed in a lake.

I’ve flown throughout this entire Covid 19 thing and always under NorCal Center Control.

Today is the first time the sky’s were busy in Northern Ca., since they shut things down. Maybe things will start looking up.

Jim
N46JP Q200

Sent from Outer Space

[...]

Hey Jim,
Looks you have a homing beacon inside that auto pilot of yours to go to and from work!
Nice video Mike!   We all long to do that flying stuff for sure!

MikeQ200wannabe

On Apr 7, 2020, at 10:14 PM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_Engineering@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Mike, yes BABY homes in on Auburn well cause she wants to go home!😊.

Hang in there buddy. One of those guys should cut loose soon and you will be representing us in Vegas before you know it.

Maybe we should turn it into a fast single seat with side stick and storage on both sides. I use to fly around with a pax alot
But last couple years, just me. Just sayin’

Check out this Berkut 360. He showed up this am. I think he resides in Mohave. The rear winglets are about 4’ tall. Kinda weird.
I wonder how much induced drag that creates.

Image.jpegImage.jpeg

Jim
N46JP Q200

Sent from Outer Space

Jim,
I’m standing by for the dust and virus to settle.
Cool pictures . Maybe Roger can help me with the tips when I’m finally here with the new one.

MikeQ200wannabe

On Apr 8, 2020, at 5:55 PM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_Engineering@...> wrote:

Hi Mike, yes BABY homes in on Auburn well cause she wants to go home!😊.

Hang in there buddy. One of those guys should cut loose soon and you will be representing us in Vegas before you know it.

Maybe we should turn it into a fast single seat with side stick and storage on both sides. I use to fly around with a pax alot
But last couple years, just me. Just sayin’

Check out this Berkut 360. He showed up this am. I think he resides in Mohave. The rear winglets are about 4’ tall. Kinda weird.
I wonder how much induced drag that creates.

<Image.jpeg>
<Image.jpeg>

Jim
N46JP Q200

Sent from Outer Space

Kevin Boddicker

Mike,
Fan-damn-tastic!
Tree top flyer is one of my favorite songs. Don’t know who did the cover, but it was the best cover of that song I’ve heard!
Ohh, the flying was good too!!!!

Stay well.

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B   506 hrs
Luana, IA.

On Apr 7, 2020, at 6:30 PM, Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:

[...]

Speaking of flight reports:,
This would be a request to Sam Hoskins about his cross country flight info that he has on his blog.
I tried to push the link but no info is there.
Sam , is there anyway I (we) can get your story to read while on lockdown?

Thanks in advance

MikeQ200wannabe