Flight Report

Jay Scheevel

Hi All,

Nothing special to report, but I took a nice flight this morning and fiddled with a lot of things in the cockpit while I enjoyed the vacant skies near here. I landed and emerged from the plane with an overwhelming sense of well-being and a big smile. I said, “what’s wrong with me?”, but realized that nothing was wrong with me, it was just the effect of everything running great on a beautiful calm smooth morning and a great landing at the end.

So….This is my opportunity to do my once monthly reminder to those still building or restoring their Q’s, to double your efforts and get ‘em flying. You can’t beat the feeling.

Cheers,

Jay Scheevel Tri-Q2 N8WQ, 215 hours 😊

Paul Fisher

Great report Jay.  I have had that exact feeling many times.  It always makes me wonder "why doesn't everyone fly?".  Doing it in a vehicle that you built yourself just makes it all the better.

I've been flying my Q-200 for over 30 years now and I still get that smile!

Paul

On Thu, May 19, 2022, 10:57 Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

Hi All,

Nothing special to report, but I took a nice flight this morning and fiddled with a lot of things in the cockpit while I enjoyed the vacant skies near here. I landed and emerged from the plane with an overwhelming sense of well-being and a big smile. I said, “what’s wrong with me?”, but realized that nothing was wrong with me, it was just the effect of everything running great on a beautiful calm smooth morning and a great landing at the end.

So….This is my opportunity to do my once monthly reminder to those still building or restoring their Q’s, to double your efforts and get ‘em flying. You can’t beat the feeling.

Cheers,

Jim Patillo

Jay you are so correct. I fly my Q weekly and have never stopped enjoying my ride. 

Jim
N46JP -,Q200

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Jay Scheevel <jay@...>
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2022 8:56:59 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: [Q-List] Flight Report

Hi All,

Cheers,

Corbin <c_geiser@...>

If you land and look back at your plane while walking away; you’ve found your happy place.  Sounds like a good flight, Jay!

Corbin

On May 19, 2022, at 12:21 PM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:

Jay you are so correct. I fly my Q weekly and have never stopped enjoying my ride. 

Jim
N46JP -,Q200

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Jay Scheevel <jay@...>
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2022 8:56:59 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: [Q-List] Flight Report

Hi All,

Cheers,

--

Corbin 
N121CG

Richard Thomson

Wot no video ??

Thanks Jay for the encouragement.

Happy landings

Rich T

On 19/05/2022 16:56, Jay Scheevel wrote:

Hi All,

Cheers,

Fredd Baber

Hoping to get a D-fly in the air in the next 60 days.  Fingers crossed!!

Fredd Baber 

On May 20, 2022, at 7:07 AM, Richard Thomson <richard@...> wrote:

Wot no video ??

Thanks Jay for the encouragement.

Happy landings

Rich T

On 19/05/2022 16:56, Jay Scheevel wrote:

Hi All,

Cheers,

Jon Finley

I'm with you Jay!!  Love that feeling!  I'm occasionally taken back by the thought that I may be in a place & looking at some spectacular terrain/scenery that very few other people have ever seen. That makes me feel incredibly blessed!

I was up in your neck of the woods last weekend and almost stopped in for a visit. But… I just couldn't pull myself away from the fun I was having!  Camped at Escalante (1L7) which has a really nice little setup and fuel at Cal Black (U96) which had the lowest of the insanely high priced stuff miles and miles.  Video production is running full tilt! :-)

Jon Finley

Flying an RV-4 - Truth or Consequences, NM
Flying Videos - YouTube 

Corbin <c_geiser@...>

Awesome photo!

Corbin

On May 22, 2022, at 8:13 AM, Jon Finley <jd@...> wrote:

I'm with you Jay!!  Love that feeling!  I'm occasionally taken back by the thought that I may be in a place & looking at some spectacular terrain/scenery that very few other people have ever seen. That makes me feel incredibly blessed!

I was up in your neck of the woods last weekend and almost stopped in for a visit. But… I just couldn't pull myself away from the fun I was having!  Camped at Escalante (1L7) which has a really nice little setup and fuel at Cal Black (U96) which had the lowest of the insanely high priced stuff miles and miles.  Video production is running full tilt! :-)

Jon Finley

Flying Videos - YouTube 

GS010276-2.jpg

--

Corbin 
N121CG

Sanjay

Jon, awesome video. Indeed a rare and precious flight experience for almost anyone.
Sanjay

On Sun, May 22, 2022, 9:20 AM Corbin via groups.io <c_geiser=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Awesome photo!

Corbin

On May 22, 2022, at 8:13 AM, Jon Finley <jd@...> wrote:

Jon Finley

Flying Videos - YouTube 

--

Corbin 
N121CG

Jay Scheevel

Very NICE, Jon!  That is a spectacular video and you show the beauty of things, just after sunrise when the shadows are best! Welcome to my neck of the woods (or lack of them) everyone. Glad that I have my personal videographer named Jon. I only get shots like that when hiking 😉

Cheers,

Jay

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jon Finley
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2022 7:14 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Flight Report

Jon Finley

Flying Videos - YouTube 

Bruce Crain

Absolutely incredible!  How do you get your camera outside of the wingtip!  You’re a lot more cunning than we thought!  Someone keep a close eye on Jon!
Bruce

On May 22, 2022, at 10:57 AM, Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

Very NICE, Jon!  That is a spectacular video and you show the beauty of things, just after sunrise when the shadows are best! Welcome to my neck of the woods (or lack of them) everyone. Glad that I have my personal videographer named Jon. I only get shots like that when hiking 😉

Cheers,

Jay

Jon Finley

Flying Videos - YouTube 

<image001.jpg>

Terry Crouch

Simple Bruce, get your drone out, select fly formation and select formation position. Go fly. 

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

On Sunday, May 22, 2022, 6:40 PM, Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:

Absolutely incredible!  How do you get your camera outside of the wingtip!  You’re a lot more cunning than we thought!  Someone keep a close eye on Jon!
Bruce

Cheers,

Jay

Jon Finley

Flying Videos - YouTube 

<image001.jpg>

Jim Patillo

Jon,

You never cease to amaze me. Beautiful and Spectacular! 

Jim

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...>
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2022 4:39:09 PM
To: main@q-list.groups.io <main@q-list.groups.io>

Bruce

Cheers,

Jay

Jon Finley

Flying Videos - YouTube 

<image001.jpg>