FOD 22

Kevin Boddicker

I have been procrastinating, for no other reason than that’s what I do.

FOD 22 will be at KDEH. 15,16,17,18 Sept 22.
Where would we be without acronyms?

Details for lodging etc to come later.

Thought about going too Beatrice again. Called the AP manager, she has no place to store planes in case of storms.
She was very welcoming, but has rented out their big hanger.

We have, at DEH, enough room to get everyone inside. If we talk nice, probably for free. 11-29 Rwy 4000’.

The alternate for an unmanageable cross wind will be Scott Field, 20 miles south 4150’ 17-35.
There is a huge hanger there, that I think I can talk the Mayor into letting us use in case of bad weather, as well.

So mark your calendars. make plans, carve a notch in your stick, take a photo of this email, kiss your wife goodby, adios your friends,
pack up the babies and grab the old ladies (Neil Diamond), and shag your ass to Decorah.

This invite includes you Mike Dwyer, and all the Dragonfly folks. Sky Dog, please forward to the DF list. Thanks.

So. There you have it. If I don’t see you before then, I WILL see you then!

Happy New Year!

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B 570 hrs
Luana, IA.

Jon Finley

Yay Kevin!!  Looks like a quick 1000nm hop and NO CONTROL TOWER!!!  TRIPLE YAY!!!!

Stick is notched!

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4

Dave Dugas

Very nice Kevin. One way or another that's where I'll be.... happy New year

On Sat, Jan 1, 2022 at 3:15 PM, Jon Finley
<jd@...> wrote:
Yay Kevin!!  Looks like a quick 1000nm hop and NO CONTROL TOWER!!!  TRIPLE YAY!!!!

Stick is notched!

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4

Bruce Crain

Yeah baby!  Gotta get there!
Bruce

<jd@...> wrote:
Yay Kevin!!  Looks like a quick 1000nm hop and NO CONTROL TOWER!!!  TRIPLE YAY!!!!

Stick is notched!

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4

Jay Scheevel

Looking forward to it, Kevin. My plane knows the way. Maybe I will have to make a trial run sometime next spring...

[...]

Rodney Herzig

Sounds like a plan Kevin 🙌

Rod Herzig
CozyIII N399BR

<jd@...> wrote:
Yay Kevin!!  Looks like a quick 1000nm hop and NO CONTROL TOWER!!!  TRIPLE YAY!!!!

Stick is notched!

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4

Mike Dwyer

I've put FOD on my calendar and plotted a flight plan.  1022 miles.  Hope the weather cooperates!
Mike Dwyer Q200

On Sat, Jan 1, 2022, 2:48 PM Kevin Boddicker <trumanst@...> wrote:
[...]

Most excellent!

On Jan 3, 2022, at 9:26 PM, Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:

[...]

One Sky Dog

Kevin,

I am also on the calendar at 1285 miles planning on having the Dragonfly finished and tested this summer.

Is camping allowed at KDEH ? Asking for a poor veteran.

Forecast 65 F today and sunny 🌞

C’Ya!

On Tuesday, January 4, 2022, 5:25 AM, Kevin Boddicker <trumanst@...> wrote:

[...]

Jerry Marstall

Mike, it will be great to see you there. It's a ton of fun.  Jerry

On Mon, Jan 3, 2022, 10:26 PM Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:
[...]

Charlie,
Yes camping is allowed. Or take first dibs on the pilot lounge.
No shower, but ac/heat, half bath, very nice.

Looking forward to seeing you!

Kevin

On Jan 4, 2022, at 6:44 AM, One Sky Dog via groups.io <Oneskydog@...> wrote:

[...]

John Hoxie

Kevin, shouldn't that be FOD 32? We already have the 30 hat.

John Hoxie
He is no fool, who gives up what he can not keep, to gain what he can not loose -- Jim Elliot

On Saturday, January 1, 2022, 12:48:59 PM MST, Kevin Boddicker <trumanst@...> wrote:

[...]

John,
The year of our Lord 2022.

Kevin

On Jan 4, 2022, at 11:37 PM, John Hoxie via groups.io <hoxdesigns@...> wrote:

[...]

millenniumflier@...

Hey Kevin,

Yippee, you came through for us, Bro!  Sounds like a great plan, i'm definitely planning on making it, been a long while now, i need to get my FOD fix!

Looking forward to seeing our old, and new gang again, this will be epic!

Hope you and everyone all had a happy and healthy New Year, looking forward to seeing you soon,

Alan

[...]

Great to hear that Green Shorts Productions Inc. will be back on the scene to produce another award winning documentary! Drop me an e-mail offline “Alan”. Would be great to catch up.