From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of One Sky Dog via groups.io <Oneskydog@...>
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2022 8:18 AM
To: main@q-list.groups.io <main@q-list.groups.io>
Subject: [Q-List] FOD Unable

Hi fellow tandem wingers,

I will not be able to make the fly-in this year.😢

On a positive note after years of repairing damage incurred from a forced landing on a non suitable surface the plane has flown again.

On a non positive note I had planned to test fly the plane at KOGD. After the first flight I have re- thought this and decided it is a bad idea. You can look at my videos and see there is no place make an emergency landing due to population growth around the airport. In addition KOGD airspace is in the approach to Hill AFB which limits altitude to 5500 MSL and below in half of Ogden’s airspace. Ogden is also in the Class B veil and Class B overlies Delta airspace.

I have pulled my camper cargo trailer back home and will pull a flat bed back to Ogden to transport my Dragonfly to Benson,Az. At E95 I can climb out and stay over the airport with lots of fields in the river valley below the airport. No tower controllers herding ATP students and yelling at everyone. I can do all the test flying and make sure the Dragonfly/Corvair is ready for long distance cross country flights.

Starting the annual inspection on the Tri-Pacer today.

You all have fun and fly safe!

Charlie

Jay Scheevel

We will miss you Charlie. You are a mainstay of the group!  Congratulations, after years of work getting everything refurbed, I am glad to hear that your D-fly is ready to go again and hoping you have very good luck with your test flights. As I get older, I find I am talking to myself a lot. Maybe you can fill in for the ATC at E95 by yelling at yourself…you know, just so you feel comfortable with the test flight environment. Hope your annual goes smoothly on the T-Pacer.

[...]

Richard Thomson

See what you mean, not too much space there OSD. Looks like the only way is the highway.

Great video Charlie. Thanks.

Rich T.

On 12/09/2022 14:18, One Sky Dog via groups.io wrote:

[...]

Frankenbird Vern

 Just last week had a fella plant his Stearman in Keystone Lake and that was the better choice in my neck of the woods. One reason why I am taking the Frankenbird to Cushing even though it is about 10 miles more to drive to the airport.  Few trees and flat land abound!  Not a lot of traffic either.

[...]

Bruce Crain

Awesome videos Charlie!  Way to stick with it!  Any numbers yet for the “Peanut Gallery” and “Curious Katz”?    No pressure.  Just “Snoopy”!
Bruce

 Agree.. always better to reduce the multi tasking..