Fuel system fittings

Mike Steinsland

Hi Guys,
Looking for some advice.
I'll soon be turning my attention to my fuel system and am wondering about this copper fitting that the original builder installed for the return line.
I have no idea if this is acceptable or not, I'm thinking it should be AN. What fittings are you guys using?

cheers
Mike

Jay Scheevel

That fitting is normally a piece of 5/8” aluminum tubing. There is no problem with using something else like this copper elbow  as long as it seals against the tubing with a hose clamp. There is essentially no pressure on it. I would not go to the effort of changing it.

On Sep 24, 2022, at 7:38 PM, Mike Steinsland <MIKESKUSTOMS@...> wrote:

Hi Guys,
Looking for some advice.
I'll soon be turning my attention to my fuel system and am wondering about this copper fitting that the original builder installed for the return line.
I have no idea if this is acceptable or not, I'm thinking it should be AN. What fittings are you guys using?

cheers
Mike return line fitting Mike Steinsland.jpg