Topics

FW: Video Filmed With Drones Inside The National Museum of the U.S. Air Force

Jerry Marstall

Subject: FW: Video Filmed With Drones Inside The National Museum of the U.S. Air Force

This is an outstanding video.  Having personally been to this museum made it even more special for me.  I hope you enjoy  it too.

               Video Filmed With Drones Inside The National Museum of the U.S. Air Force.

Screenshot of the drone video filmed inside USAF Museum at WPAFB. (Image credit: Nurk FPV)

Stunning videography. Amazing subjects. Impressive editing. Incredible flying skills.

Located at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, some six miles to the northeast of Dayton, Ohio, the National Museum of the United States Air Force, the official museum of the USAF, is a must see for every aviation enthusiast:  with more than 350 aircraft and missiles on display, it’s the oldest and largest military aviation museum in the world.  You can find the Boeing B-17F Memphis Belle, several Presidential aircraft, including the Boeing 707 known as a VC-137C; the Apollo 15 Command Module Endeavour; the only surviving XB-70 Valkyrie; the F-117 Nighthawk and many, many others. In fact, the Museum hosts some of the world’s most iconic and rare American aircraft, and also some foreign aircraft, and for this reason it attracts about a million visitors each year.

However, no one has probably seen it through the birds eye view of a drone.

The video below is just fantastic. Filmed by Paul Nurkkala (NURK FPV) with DJI drones and GoPro cameras, it provides the most amazing way to explore the collection of Dayton Museum.

BTW, at 04:40 the drone hit a cable, but fortunately the incident did not harm the Cinewhoop drone, nor any aircraft.

Rick Hole

That's amazing.  I assume it was filmed at a slower speed.  Lots of needle-threading!  I haven't seen the museum since the 80s; it has grown a lot!
Rick Hole

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 9:05 AM Jerry Marstall <jnmarstall@...> wrote:

[...]

Jay Scheevel

Pretty cool, Jerry. Looks like they have moved the aircraft that used to be in the experimental hangar on the AF base over to new hangar space in the main museum and have moved some of the planes that used to be outside into new hangars in the main museum area. The video left out the WWI aircraft display area.  Best aviation museum in America, hands down!

[...]

Mike Dwyer

Thanks Jerry, that was really great.  Got to get there again!
Mike Dwyer

YouTube Videos: https://goo.gl/yKEHfK
Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 11:05 AM Jerry Marstall <jnmarstall@...> wrote:

[...]

One Sky Dog

That was really good. I used to try and go every time I was in Dayton. One day I got the official behind the ropes touch the stealth aircraft tour as a part of a training class. More than cool.

On Apr 1, 2020, at 8:05 AM, Jerry Marstall <jnmarstall@...> wrote:

This is an outstanding video.  Having personally been to this museum made it even more special for me.  I hope you enjoy  it too.

               Video Filmed With Drones Inside The National Museum of the U.S. Air Force.

<image001.jpg>

[...]

Kevin Boddicker

Nice Jerry. Maybe we should plan a fly in there sometime and have fun!!!
All stay well!

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B  505 hrs
Luana, IA.

On Apr 1, 2020, at 10:05 AM, Jerry Marstall <jnmarstall@...> wrote:

[...]

Jerry Gmail

I'm up for it.
You too. J

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020, 8:23 PM Kevin Boddicker <trumanst@...> wrote:
[...]

Rodney Herzig

Nice video Jerry! Definitely would love to see that museum in person. The person flying that drone must have been a drone racing league participant. He did an awesome job of covering the place. However, I couldn’t help but notice that the drone pilot clipped a wire at approximately 4 min 44 sec into the video. 🤔 keep em coming.

Take care,
RODNEY