Interested in purchasing Quickie Q2

Christopher

I came across a Quickie Q2 for sale on craigslist at Camarillo. Here is the link https://santabarbara.craigslist.org/avo/d/camarillo-q2-experimental-rutan-quickie/7386958812.html The plane was completed a few years ago but has never flown due to medical issues with the owner. It does have a valid airworthiness and registration. It looks like a great way to get into a Quickie. What concerns should I have about a plane like this?

On another note, I am based in Livermore at LVK. Does anyone have a Q2/Q200 nearby that I could talk to/look at their airplane?

Thank you

Jay Scheevel

What is your name and flight background? Your background as a pilot is a very important detail that people on this list need to know in order to offer useful advice.
Alan Thayer is based at LVK and has a Q2 with a Jabiru engine that is not finished and has not flown. Alan mostly flies his long-ez. Jim Patillo has a 1000+ hour Q200 based in auburn but commutes to LVK almost weekly. I think he still has a hangar at LVK that he keeps his plane in while in town, but I will let him speak for himself.

Cheers,
Jay Tri-Q2 N8WQ

On Oct 11, 2021, at 7:49 PM, ca_chris <Cwnilsenca@...> wrote:

I came across a Quickie Q2 for sale on craigslist at Camarillo. Here is the link https://santabarbara.craigslist.org/avo/d/camarillo-q2-experimental-rutan-quickie/7386958812.html The plane was completed a few years ago but has never flown due to medical issues with the owner. It does have a valid airworthiness and registration. It looks like a great way to get into a Quickie. What concerns should I have about a plane like this?

On another note, I am based in Livermore at LVK. Does anyone have a Q2/Q200 nearby that I could talk to/look at their airplane?

Thank you

Christopher

Hi Jay, Thank you for the information about the quickies in Livermore.

I am not sure exactly what you would like to know about my flying experience but I will give a quick summary. I have about 250 hours of flying time. I have 50 hours of tailwheel time and have flown complex and high power airplanes. I am also instrument rated.

Raphael SF Zvetkoff

If you pass it up I'd like to buy it.   I don't think I can finish mine and would love to fly.

Hi Jay, Thank you for the information about the quickies in Livermore.

I am not sure exactly what you would like to know about my flying experience but I will give a quick summary. I have about 250 hours of flying time. I have 50 hours of tailwheel time and have flown complex and high power airplanes. I am also instrument rated.

Jay Scheevel

A list of aircraft flown, and your time in each would also be helpful. Assuming your name is Chris, right?

Hi Jay, Thank you for the information about the quickies in Livermore.

I am not sure exactly what you would like to know about my flying experience but I will give a quick summary. I have about 250 hours of flying time. I have 50 hours of tailwheel time and have flown complex and high power airplanes. I am also instrument rated.

Jim Patillo

Hi Chris,

I am in hangar #377. You must not be at the airport much. Do you have a hangar here?

I’ve had mine here for 22 years and fly weekly. Come by when you get some time

Jim Patillo
N46JP Q200
1802 hours on my Q.

Phil Lankford

Hello Raphael: I have several here at KSEE Gillespie Field, El Cajon CA you could look at - a Quickie Q-2, 2  Q-200s, a Tri-Q 200 all fully structurally built and flown. PM me if I can be of any help. Phil

If you pass it up I'd like to buy it.   I don't think I can finish mine and would love to fly.

Hi Jay, Thank you for the information about the quickies in Livermore.

I am not sure exactly what you would like to know about my flying experience but I will give a quick summary. I have about 250 hours of flying time. I have 50 hours of tailwheel time and have flown complex and high power airplanes. I am also instrument rated.

Terrence ONeill

I’m interested in buying a Q200.
Troneill@...

On Oct 12, 2021, at 9:11 AM, Phil Lankford via groups.io <britmcman@...> wrote:

Hello Raphael: I have several here at KSEE Gillespie Field, El Cajon CA you could look at - a Quickie Q-2, 2  Q-200s, a Tri-Q 200 all fully structurally built and flown. PM me if I can be of any help. Phil

If you pass it up I'd like to buy it.   I don't think I can finish mine and would love to fly.

Hi Jay, Thank you for the information about the quickies in Livermore.

I am not sure exactly what you would like to know about my flying experience but I will give a quick summary. I have about 250 hours of flying time. I have 50 hours of tailwheel time and have flown complex and high power airplanes. I am also instrument rated.

Raphael SF Zvetkoff

Thanks, I'm all the way up in Wa.  I haven't been down to SD area since 2015.  If I knew then I would have stopped by.

Hello Raphael: I have several here at KSEE Gillespie Field, El Cajon CA you could look at - a Quickie Q-2, 2  Q-200s, a Tri-Q 200 all fully structurally built and flown. PM me if I can be of any help. Phil

If you pass it up I'd like to buy it.   I don't think I can finish mine and would love to fly.

Hi Jay, Thank you for the information about the quickies in Livermore.

I am not sure exactly what you would like to know about my flying experience but I will give a quick summary. I have about 250 hours of flying time. I have 50 hours of tailwheel time and have flown complex and high power airplanes. I am also instrument rated.

Christopher

Hi Jim,

I do not currently have a hangar in Livermore. I am a member of the flying particles flying club. I think I have seen your plane around the airport but I have never seen where it goes. I would love to see your plane up close. Are you frequently at your hangar?

Jim Patillo

Yes I’m out there weekly and was there last Saturday and Sunday. My number is 510-468-4891. My plane is the one pictured on this Quickie Site main page.

Jim
N46JP Q200