Topics

January 1st 2020 Flight

Jim Patillo

Arrived at LVK at 9:00 am for my first flight of the year. Short takeoff roll, early turn out and  climb to 7,500 ft. Cruise @ 196 mph east bound to the Sierras Mountains and Yosemite National Park. Lotta snow in the mountains.

Controllers were having a good time and a lot of one liners when I left.  Proceeded to Yosemite and made a couple turns around Half Dome. Didn’t  see anyone on the face.

Direct back to LVK @190 mph. A controller buddy  cut me in in front of a Velocity making pretty good speed on A VFR final.

When the Velocity pulled up to the gas pit, his first words were damn that thing is fast! What is it? I just smiled and said Quickie. Happy New Year!

Jim
N46JP - Q200

Jim,
I hope to have a January 1st story like yours next year:)

Mike. Q200wannabe

On Jan 1, 2020, at 5:27 PM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_Engineering@...> wrote:

Arrived at LVK at 9:00 am for my first flight of the year. Short takeoff roll, early turn out and  climb to 7,500 ft. Cruise @ 196 mph east bound to the Sierras Mountains and Yosemite National Park. Lotta snow in the mountains.

Controllers were having a good time and a lot of one liners when I left.  Proceeded to Yosemite and made a couple turns around Half Dome. Didn’t  see anyone on the face.

Direct back to LVK @190 mph. A controller buddy  cut me in in front of a Velocity making pretty good speed on A VFR final.

When the Velocity pulled up to the gas pit, his first words were damn that thing is fast! What is it? I just smiled and said Quickie. Happy New Year!

Jim
N46JP - Q200

Jim Patillo

Hi Mike,

I am with you. I really hope our friend will let go of his really nice Q200 and you get to enjoy it. I haven’t seen him around the airport lately. Are you still planning on coming to LVK on the 23rd. for a ride?

Any idea of when you will be driving a Max 8 again?
They’ve been parked to long.

Jim
N46JP Q200

Hi Jim,
That trip is still on my line. Not ever sure about the max mess.   I’ll contact you a little closer to finalize

Mike

On Jan 2, 2020, at 5:59 PM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_Engineering@...> wrote:

Hi Mike,

I am with you. I really hope our friend will let go of his really nice Q200 and you get to enjoy it. I haven’t seen him around the airport lately. Are you still planning on coming to LVK on the 23rd. for a ride?

Any idea of when you will be driving a Max 8 again?
They’ve been parked to long.

Jim
N46JP Q200

royerm2@...