Topics

Landing Auburn, Ca

Jim Patillo

A little ugly landing in Auburn yesterday. Rain and pissin’ snow. Two days before it was severe clear and right at 70 degrees

Jim
N46JP Q200

Jim,
You’ve got to get your baby in a hangar up there!

MikeQ200wannabe

On Apr 5, 2020, at 2:36 PM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_Engineering@...> wrote:

A little ugly landing in Auburn yesterday. Rain and pissin’ snow. Two days before it was severe clear and right at 70 degrees

Jim
N46JP Q200

<075B0562-6380-40E0-B780-4D0E842866DE.jpeg>

Jim Patillo

Been tryin Mike but hangars here are limited. If you can find someone that will let you in (to share) they typically want $500.00 + per month, even when I tell them I only need it for 4 days a week. Kinda sucks.

Are you back on the line this week. How many planes do you guys have parked now?
I heard United is at 55%.

Stay safe.

Jim
N46JP - Q200

Sent from Outer Space

You’ve got to get your baby in a hangar up there!

MikeQ200wannabe

On Apr 5, 2020, at 2:36 PM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_Engineering@...> wrote:

A little ugly landing in Auburn yesterday. Rain and pissin’ snow. Two days before it was severe clear and right at 70 degrees

Jim
N46JP Q200

<075B0562-6380-40E0-B780-4D0E842866DE.jpeg>

Might be worth it not to get the water in. Parked 109 I heard with at least down 40 percent.  My 3 day this coming week was canceled and the rest of the month is less flying

Mike

On Apr 5, 2020, at 3:15 PM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_Engineering@...> wrote:

[...]

Jay Scheevel

Jim,
Is that an AN-2 on the ramp behind your quickie?

Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:

A little ugly landing in Auburn yesterday. Rain and pissin’ snow. Two days before it was severe clear and right at 70 degrees

Jim
N46JP Q200

Jim Patillo

Yes it is Jay. It belongs to a friend who is restoring it. A few months back he took out the end of the left wing. Seems hangars don’t move easily. That has now been repaired. I hope to see it fly soon.

Don’t know if you remember but Barry Weber, Mark Srick and I bought a 1983 Aeronatica Romano IAR823 directly from the Romanian Air Force  several years back. It was the primary trainer for their Migs. It had light hard mounts. We replaced the Russian instruments and some components and got it flying. It was a nimble airplane with light handling and control input characteristics like the Q. It looks like a Mooney on steroids. That was a fun experience!

Image.jpeg

Jim
N46JP - Q200

Sent from Outer SpaceImage.jpeg

Jay Scheevel

What a cool project, Jim. Did not know about that Aeronatica. Seems Barry never tires of new projects. I remember the AN-2 that used to sit on the east ramp at LVK, back in the day. Cool stuff at Livermore.