Laser altimeter

Jay Scheevel

Some of you were asking me where I got my precision downward-looking laser altimeter. Here is a model like what I am using, greatly discounted in price. You can hit their website for more info. It is very small, about 3 inches tall. I can help you with install.

Cheers,

Jay

Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2021 3:03 AM
To: jay@...
Subject: SF22/C End of Range Sale

Can't read or see images? View this email in a browser

Jay Scheevel

I should point out that this model only has serial output, so you need to have an instrument that reads and decodes that. If you want to use analog voltage as output, as I am doing, you will need to look at their other models, such as the SF11C which is what I have.

Cheers,

Jay

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jay Scheevel
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2021 7:21 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: [Q-List] Laser altimeter

Some of you were asking me where I got my precision downward-looking laser altimeter. Here is a model like what I am using, greatly discounted in price. You can hit their website for more info. It is very small, about 3 inches tall. I can help you with install.

Cheers,

Jay

Jay,
I was looking on the list and didn’t see a website to go to. Being in the hills I think that’s a interesting idea for me also.
Any direction would be appreciated 

Thanks 

Mike N.   200QK

On Sep 21, 2021, at 3:36 AM, Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

I should point out that this model only has serial output, so you need to have an instrument that reads and decodes that. If you want to use analog voltage as output, as I am doing, you will need to look at their other models, such as the SF11C which is what I have.

Cheers,

Jay

Cheers,

Jay

Jay Scheevel

Hi Mike,

Lightware.com  I don’t use mine except for landing. The range is too small for using for terrain avoidance, so I don’t recommend it for that.

Cheers,

Jay

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2021 6:27 PM
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Laser altimeter

Jay,

I was looking on the list and didn’t see a website to go to. Being in the hills I think that’s a interesting idea for me also.

Thanks 

Mike N.   200QK

Cheers,

Jay

Cheers,

Jay

Rick Hole

There are links at the bottom of this email.  Look for the one “Your subscription”.  That will take you to the website

Rick Hole

From: main@Q-List.groups.io [mailto:main@Q-List.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike via groups.io

Jay,

Thanks 

Mike N.   200QK

Cheers,

Jay

Cheers,

Jay

Thanks 

Mike N

On Sep 21, 2021, at 2:46 PM, Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

Hi Mike,

Lightware.com  I don’t use mine except for landing. The range is too small for using for terrain avoidance, so I don’t recommend it for that.

Cheers,

Jay

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike via groups.io

Jay,

Thanks 

Mike N.   200QK

Cheers,

Jay

Cheers,

Jay