Location of Reflexor Control

Corbin

Good afternoon all,

While I am in progress on the panel upgrade and re-mounting controls I wondered if anyone had their reflexor push/pull in a different location that they like better.  I think the plans called for it to be in the middle at a 30-degree tilt.  Mine is over on the left side aft of the throttle.  Seems like a good location to me and keeps my right hand free on the stick so I don't really have any problems.  But has anyone found an even better location that could be considered?  I am going to do something with my alt air control as it is just too crammed down under the throttle and mixture and is hard to reach.

--

Corbin
N121CG

Chris Walterson

Corbin----------  This is my reflexor controler.   The throttle is the black lever the turbo is the smaller red and in front is the reflexor control.

 If it looks like a lawn mower throttle cable, that is because it is. I've had this system on my other airplane for 25 years. Still working.

 Take care-------------  Chris

Corbin

Interesting!  Mine is easy to forget about since it is black and down out of sight.   But is a clean install and looks nice.  I like the idea of your throttle being a lever instead of a push/pull.
--

Corbin
N121CG

Sam Hoskins

Corbin, I have mine in the center console, just aft of the stick and operate it with my left hand. It's mostly set-and-forget. I adjust it before takeoff, in cruise flight and when slowing down to enter the pattern.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021, 5:14 PM Corbin via groups.io <c_geiser=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Good afternoon all,

While I am in progress on the panel upgrade and re-mounting controls I wondered if anyone had their reflexor push/pull in a different location that they like better.  I think the plans called for it to be in the middle at a 30-degree tilt.  Mine is over on the left side aft of the throttle.  Seems like a good location to me and keeps my right hand free on the stick so I don't really have any problems.  But has anyone found an even better location that could be considered?  I am going to do something with my alt air control as it is just too crammed down under the throttle and mixture and is hard to reach.

--

Corbin
N121CG

Jay Scheevel

I use the same set and forget process and adjustment times as Sam, but mine is an additional stick below the throttle on the left side. If I loosen the friction lock it can serve as a back-up pitch control, should something happen to the elevator linkage.

Here is a picture of what it looks like without the consoles installed.

http://n8wq.scheevel.com/images/build_photos/2016/reflexor_fully_installed7.jpg

Jay

[...]

That helps to see one in the center location.  I might just go with the "if it ain't broke then don't fix it" method after more thought.  I don't want to enter my typical habit of overthinking things.

Corbin