From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Bill Higdon via groups.io <willard561@...>
Sent: Saturday, June 20, 2020 6:09:48 PM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: [Q-List] LS-1 canard

What year was the LS-1 canard first released?

Michael

Tested in 1982 and approved for kits in January 1983:

Quickie Newsletter No. 19
--
-MD
#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)

Bruce Crain

Say Michael that news letter was a ton of info!  Really enjoyed looking it over!.
Bruce

#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)

Michael

Thanks! Before buying my kit I read all the QAC newsletters online. Luckily my kit came with hard copies of all the QAC newsletters and all the Q-Talks before they went digital.

The only glaring omissions I've found on quickheads are the QAC Q2 introduction foldout and the drawings for the Coughlin brake mod. That and the QAC Photo Addendum to the Q2 plans and Builder Tip list.
--
-MD
#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)

Michael

And obviously major unending kudos to Dan for putting all that stuff online for free! Saved me metric buttloads of pain and suffering for sure.
--
-MD
#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)

Bruce Crain

Not familiar with the Coughlin Brake Mod but there is a Gall wheel alignment that most guys use.  Sam Hoskins is the go to guy for split rudder/tail wheel cables and I think he has the alignment procedures.  Jim Patillo is also a go to guy as his Q200 is really tame on landing and take off.
Bruce

#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)

Sam Hoskins

Look in my photos section in the Q-list photos. I have several photos of the Coughlin brakes, plus a dimension sheet. The Coughlin brakes are an improvement over the LaRue, which were an improvement over the QAC brake mounts.

I also have an article about them on my blog.

Sam

#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)

Bill Higdon

Thank you very much