materials list for parts

Terrence ONeill

Hi.  I now have Paul Spackman's Q200, at KLMO.
The brake controls are now located right by the throttle, and I want to move these brakes controls  to the rudder pedals.
Looking through the plans I am unable to find the List of Materials…not those on Page 1, but a list which tells the dimensions, and material of each part, such as the brake pedal shown in the plans,  Q2BSW1, for example. I have two master cylinders that will work with the original plans idea butI will make new pedals similar to the  original design, to work with my Cleveland 10-35s.

Also want to buy a canopy cover, somewhere.
Any suggestions are much appreciated. Terry

Bruce Crain

Richard Kaszmarec knows the guy that took over building parts for the Quickies.  He would probably be able to build rudder pedals with brakes incorporated.  Or brake pedals that would fit over the existing pedals.
Bruce

On Jan 17, 2022, at 12:25 PM, Terrence ONeill <troneill@...> wrote:

Hi.  I now have Paul Spackman's Q200, at KLMO.
The brake controls are now located right by the throttle, and I want to move these brakes controls  to the rudder pedals.
Looking through the plans I am unable to find the List of Materials…not those on Page 1, but a list which tells the dimensions, and material of each part, such as the brake pedal shown in the plans,  Q2BSW1, for example. I have two master cylinders that will work with the original plans idea butI will make new pedals similar to the  original design, to work with my Cleveland 10-35s.

Also want to buy a canopy cover, somewhere.
Any suggestions are much appreciated. Terry

Frankenbird Vern

 Maybe build a set from existing parts stock? The early Cessna 140/150 pedals are light and have master cylinders very easy to repair or maintain. That was my plan anyway since I also have zero metal parts from the original Q2 kit. The Cessna pedals are press formed..I think they were O condition 2024 .080" or possibly .100"  then heat treated probably to T3.  I danced a LOT on my set in my taildragger converter 1962 B model 150 over the 15 years I owned the aircraft 😊

  A few mods I would do (if this is also your choice option) is change the pivot design a bit and swap the master cylinder actuation bracket on both pedals to steel. The pivot holes wear over time of course and adding bronze bushings solves that issue. The actuation bracket to the brake cylinder rods being both stronger and more durable is a small weight gain but a big confidence addition.

 Trade a Plane has many offerings of these, including for aircraft salvage businesses. I will use the early design tho..not the later. The 1966 and later are Aluminum castings. They are taller and heavier by far.

  The canopy is another story.  You guys know the source? I seem to remember Todds is no more?

Vern

[...]

Jay Scheevel

If you can get a response from the Canard Zone store. Here are all of the hardware dimensions and specs:  https://www.canardzone.com/store/product/7-q-200-metal-parts-drawings/

Hi.  I now have Paul Spackman's Q200, at KLMO.
The brake controls are now located right by the throttle, and I want to move these brakes controls  to the rudder pedals.
Looking through the plans I am unable to find the List of Materials…not those on Page 1, but a list which tells the dimensions, and material of each part, such as the brake pedal shown in the plans,  Q2BSW1, for example. I have two master cylinders that will work with the original plans idea butI will make new pedals similar to the  original design, to work with my Cleveland 10-35s.

Also want to buy a canopy cover, somewhere.
Any suggestions are much appreciated. Terry

Frankenbird Vern

 Not just covers (that too)...I ask about todays sources also because I am not sure I can save my canopy. The spray-lat has been on a long time and I am not confident that "goof-off" will work.  The canopy on my forward upper shell is fitted ruff..

[...]

Mike Dwyer

Canopy cover... I keep a white bed sheet that's sprayed with scotch guard so it's water repellant.  I tie one string to each sparrow strainer and one string around the tailcone and it's worked well many times.
Mike Dwyer Q200

On Mon, Jan 17, 2022, 1:25 PM Terrence ONeill <troneill@...> wrote:
Hi.  I now have Paul Spackman's Q200, at KLMO.
The brake controls are now located right by the throttle, and I want to move these brakes controls  to the rudder pedals.
Looking through the plans I am unable to find the List of Materials…not those on Page 1, but a list which tells the dimensions, and material of each part, such as the brake pedal shown in the plans,  Q2BSW1, for example. I have two master cylinders that will work with the original plans idea butI will make new pedals similar to the  original design, to work with my Cleveland 10-35s.

Also want to buy a canopy cover, somewhere.
Any suggestions are much appreciated. Terry

Corbin

My canopy cover is a rainproof rain cover for a four season tent.  I fold it in half to cover the canopy and then criss cross it underneath the plane and run straps out to the tie downs on the ramp.  Keeps the rain cover snug on the canopy and keeps the plane in place.  Good enough for light winds but if it gets real sporty I find a hangar.

I would love a proper fitted cover but don’t believe anyone makes them any longer.

Corbin

--

Corbin
N121CG

Mike Steinsland

Well isn't that just ducky.
I paid for the dimensions and specs from The Canard Zone and am not able to download anything.
If anyone has done it recently and had any success please let me know.

Cheers
Mike

On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 1:54 PM Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

[...]

He’s been having issues with that payment portal notifying him for years.  He’s very active on another board and, when contacted there, he is very responsive and sends you a code to enter for a free download using a different site.

Someone here might remember which board/forum to contact him on.  If not, I’ll try looking it up tomorrow.

Corbin

On Jan 17, 2022, at 7:01 PM, Mike Steinsland <MIKESKUSTOMS@...> wrote:

[...]

Those are cool ideas, and they work!
Many thanks.  Tomorrow I buy a bedsheet, some Scotch Guard and cord.
Terry

On Jan 17, 2022, at 6:08 PM, Corbin via groups.io <c_geiser@...> wrote:

[...]

His website is canardzone.com . I think he is the webmaster,so you can drop a note there

[...]

Thanks Guys,
I'll give that a try
.
Mike