Merry Christmas!!


Jon Finley
 

Merry Christmas everyone!! 🎄

If you are looking for something to do today 😉 - here's a short video of some fog over the high desert!! https://youtu.be/41OOB31kNRY

Get those airplanes out and do some flying!! 

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4


Jay Scheevel
 

Merry Christmas Jon! Great Video. Not at home this week so no air planing for me, but I really enjoyed your video. No wonder Santa chooses to fly. Season’s greetings to everyone!

Cheers,
Jay


On Dec 25, 2021, at 7:09 AM, Jon Finley <jd@...> wrote:

Merry Christmas everyone!! 🎄

If you are looking for something to do today 😉 - here's a short video of some fog over the high desert!! https://youtu.be/41OOB31kNRY

Get those airplanes out and do some flying!! 

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4


Anthony P
 

Merry Christmas from cold, rainy, icy, and foggy New Hampshire.

Anthony

--
Q2 N86KL


Terry Adams
 

Merry Christmas to all.

Jon,  Can you tell me how you have the camera mounted from your wing tip, what type of boom and how far out?

Terry
N41521
KSCK

On 12/25/2021 6:09 AM, Jon Finley wrote:
Merry Christmas everyone!! 🎄

If you are looking for something to do today 😉 - here's a short video of some fog over the high desert!! https://youtu.be/41OOB31kNRY

Get those airplanes out and do some flying!! 

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4

-- 
Communication ink and paper free


Bruce Crain
 

Cool beans!  


On Dec 25, 2021, at 11:07 AM, Terry Adams <terrywadams@...> wrote:

 Merry Christmas to all.

Jon,  Can you tell me how you have the camera mounted from your wing tip, what type of boom and how far out?

Terry
N41521
KSCK

On 12/25/2021 6:09 AM, Jon Finley wrote:
Merry Christmas everyone!! 🎄

If you are looking for something to do today 😉 - here's a short video of some fog over the high desert!! https://youtu.be/41OOB31kNRY

Get those airplanes out and do some flying!! 

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4

-- 
Communication ink and paper free



Jim Patillo
 

Very Impressive Jon, how did you get those close ups? Was someone filming you?

Merry Christmas to all of you from the Snowy Sierra Nevada’s. We’re suppose to get a major dump. It’s cold and blowin’ pretty good here
Jim
N46JP Q200


From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Jon Finley <jd@...>
Sent: Saturday, December 25, 2021 6:09:12 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: [Q-List] Merry Christmas!!
 
Merry Christmas everyone!! 🎄

If you are looking for something to do today 😉 - here's a short video of some fog over the high desert!! https://youtu.be/41OOB31kNRY

Get those airplanes out and do some flying!! 

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4


Mike Steinsland
 

Merry Christmas everyone. 
You dont hear much from me but I'm building and reading all your posts.
All the best!

On Sat., Dec. 25, 2021, 1:59 p.m. Jim Patillo, <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:
Very Impressive Jon, how did you get those close ups? Was someone filming you?

Merry Christmas to all of you from the Snowy Sierra Nevada’s. We’re suppose to get a major dump. It’s cold and blowin’ pretty good here
Jim
N46JP Q200

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Jon Finley <jd@...>
Sent: Saturday, December 25, 2021 6:09:12 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: [Q-List] Merry Christmas!!
 
Merry Christmas everyone!! 🎄

If you are looking for something to do today 😉 - here's a short video of some fog over the high desert!! https://youtu.be/41OOB31kNRY

Get those airplanes out and do some flying!! 

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4


Jon Finley
 

Jim and Terry,

Thanks!

That wingtip view is from my version of a camera on a stick.  I'm using a GoPro Max 360, 5' of aluminum tubing, and some alum angles. It's a work in progress.  Actually... the entire video thing is a work in progress! 😉😉

Jon


Mike Dwyer
 

Very cool.  Seems like the camera might vibrate but it looked good.
Mike Dwyer Q200

On Sun, Dec 26, 2021, 6:27 PM Jon Finley <jd@...> wrote:
Jim and Terry,

Thanks!

That wingtip view is from my version of a camera on a stick.  I'm using a GoPro Max 360, 5' of aluminum tubing, and some alum angles. It's a work in progress.  Actually... the entire video thing is a work in progress! 😉😉

Jon


Dave Dugas
 

Great video Jon....pro quality.
Dave D


On Sun, Dec 26, 2021 at 6:48 PM, Mike Dwyer
<q200pilot@...> wrote:
Very cool.  Seems like the camera might vibrate but it looked good.
Mike Dwyer Q200

On Sun, Dec 26, 2021, 6:27 PM Jon Finley <jd@...> wrote:
Jim and Terry,

Thanks!

That wingtip view is from my version of a camera on a stick.  I'm using a GoPro Max 360, 5' of aluminum tubing, and some alum angles. It's a work in progress.  Actually... the entire video thing is a work in progress! 😉😉

Jon


Bruce Crain
 

It’s really you!  The Mad Scientist!  John!  Ah knew it along!  What won’t you come up with next!  Kin ah git’n auto-graft?!
Bruce


On Dec 26, 2021, at 5:37 PM, Dave Dugas via groups.io <davedq2@...> wrote:

Great video Jon....pro quality.
Dave D


On Sun, Dec 26, 2021 at 6:48 PM, Mike Dwyer
<q200pilot@...> wrote:
Very cool.  Seems like the camera might vibrate but it looked good.
Mike Dwyer Q200

On Sun, Dec 26, 2021, 6:27 PM Jon Finley <jd@...> wrote:
Jim and Terry,

Thanks!

That wingtip view is from my version of a camera on a stick.  I'm using a GoPro Max 360, 5' of aluminum tubing, and some alum angles. It's a work in progress.  Actually... the entire video thing is a work in progress! 😉😉

Jon

<20210830_073235.jpg>
<20210830_073235.jpg>



 

Hi Jon,
Thought I'd chime in a little.
Very nice video.  The wife let me hook up to our big screen TV so I could see the quality of the video.  WOW!
She enjoyed it too and wondered who would fly that close....then I showed her how you did it.
VERY NICE
Thanks for showing it


---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Jon Finley" <jd@...>
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: [Q-List] Merry Christmas!!
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2021 06:09:12 -0800

Merry Christmas everyone!! 🎄

If you are looking for something to do today 😉 - here's a short video of some fog over the high desert!! https://youtu.be/41OOB31kNRY

Get those airplanes out and do some flying!! 

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4