New Years Flight

Kevin Boddicker

There isn’t any!!
6°F. Windchill -6°. Doesn’t make any difference what the wind direction.
Doesn’t look good for the next 15 days either.
The good news? The hanger rent is due!!!
All of you that are flying, take some video so we frozen can fly too!!!

Goal for this year is 50+ hours flying time!

Happy New Year!

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B 570 hrs
Luana, IA.

Terrence ONeill

Pleasant to read your comments to one another in the group, and your joy in flying.
Hope to join in as soon as I get the brakes moved to the rudder pedals.
Happy New Year.

On Jan 1, 2022, at 9:56 AM, Kevin Boddicker <trumanst@neitel.net> wrote:

There isn’t any!!
6°F. Windchill -6°. Doesn’t make any difference what the wind direction.
Doesn’t look good for the next 15 days either.
The good news? The hanger rent is due!!!
All of you that are flying, take some video so we frozen can fly too!!!

Goal for this year is 50+ hours flying time!

Happy New Year!

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B 570 hrs
Luana, IA.

Mike Dwyer

LOL, here in FL, woke up to 1/4 mile vis in fog!  Then this afternoon is supposed to be strong winds and that means bumpy.  Not looking good here either.  But on the good side it is 80F and we're going for a walk on the beach after lunch!
Mike Dwyer  Q200.

On Sat, Jan 1, 2022, 11:56 AM Kevin Boddicker <trumanst@...> wrote:
There isn’t any!!
6°F. Windchill -6°. Doesn’t make any difference what the wind direction.
Doesn’t look good for the next 15 days either.
The good news? The hanger rent is due!!!
All of you that are flying, take some video so we frozen can fly too!!!

Goal for this year is 50+ hours flying time!

Happy New Year!

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B   570 hrs
Luana, IA.

Paul Fisher

I'm with you Kevin.  We're a little warmer here but it has been snowing all morning with 6-8 inches expected by tonight. Then we get howling winds, so drifting and wind-chill in the -20 range.  So as you said, it doesn't look good for the next couple of weeks!.

But I'm all for flying more in 2022!!  Happy New Year to everyone.

Paul

On Sat, Jan 1, 2022, 10:56 Kevin Boddicker <trumanst@...> wrote:
There isn’t any!!
6°F. Windchill -6°. Doesn’t make any difference what the wind direction.
Doesn’t look good for the next 15 days either.
The good news? The hanger rent is due!!!
All of you that are flying, take some video so we frozen can fly too!!!

Goal for this year is 50+ hours flying time!

Happy New Year!

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B   570 hrs
Luana, IA.

Kevin Boddicker

Next fall we are all going to bunk the winter at Mike’s!!!

On Jan 1, 2022, at 11:10 AM, Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:

LOL, here in FL, woke up to 1/4 mile vis in fog!  Then this afternoon is supposed to be strong winds and that means bumpy.  Not looking good here either.  But on the good side it is 80F and we're going for a walk on the beach after lunch!
Mike Dwyer  Q200.

On Sat, Jan 1, 2022, 11:56 AM Kevin Boddicker <trumanst@...> wrote:
There isn’t any!!
6°F. Windchill -6°. Doesn’t make any difference what the wind direction.
Doesn’t look good for the next 15 days either.
The good news? The hanger rent is due!!!
All of you that are flying, take some video so we frozen can fly too!!!

Goal for this year is 50+ hours flying time!

Happy New Year!

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B   570 hrs
Luana, IA.

Anthony P

44 F, 1/10 mi. vis., 0 ft. ceiling here in southern NH.

Who's got "auto land" installed?

Happy New Year!

--
Q2 N86KL

Jon Finley

An icky 23kts gusting 40 here - I'll sit this one out.  May have something for you tomorrow though Kevin! 😉

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4

Sam Kittle

Happy New Year! Kevin,

We had 23 degrees this morning and clear sky’s. After a few phone calls, we found Hollister (near Monterey, CA) was open and serving breakfast. I took off first in the Mighty Luscombe followed by a Pacer, then a Piper 180 and an RV-6. We had an 18 knot tail wind at 4,500’ that resulted in a fast ride to cover the 84 nm flight. Coming home was much slower but provided time to take in the view of the snow covered Sierra Mountains. Lake Tahoe received 196” of snow in December and it is quite a sight.

Sam Kittle

On Jan 1, 2022, at 8:56 AM, Kevin Boddicker <trumanst@neitel.net> wrote:

There isn’t any!!
6°F. Windchill -6°. Doesn’t make any difference what the wind direction.
Doesn’t look good for the next 15 days either.
The good news? The hanger rent is due!!!
All of you that are flying, take some video so we frozen can fly too!!!

Goal for this year is 50+ hours flying time!

Happy New Year!

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B 570 hrs
Luana, IA.

Kevin Boddicker

-10°F wind light and variable.
Balmy! Today.

On Jan 1, 2022, at 10:55 AM, Kevin Boddicker <trumanst@neitel.net> wrote:

There isn’t any!!
6°F. Windchill -6°. Doesn’t make any difference what the wind direction.
Doesn’t look good for the next 15 days either.
The good news? The hanger rent is due!!!
All of you that are flying, take some video so we frozen can fly too!!!

Goal for this year is 50+ hours flying time!

Happy New Year!

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B 570 hrs
Luana, IA.

Jon Finley

My Dearest Kevin,

I was absolutely sick all day yesterday thinking of you and your current situation.  While it was a frigid 28F here this morning (3,500' density altitude - woohoo!!), it was an otherwise nice day so I decided to see what I could do to make your existence just a little bit better.

I couldn't remember exactly what type of flying you prefer so I included as much variety as is available to me. The result includes elk, buffalo, and rocks.  Sadly, my camera batteries don't last long in the cold so I failed to capture all the fun I had.

Here it is: https://youtu.be/EFg1oADvlsM

Yeah… gotta look really close to see that wildlife.  My camera and airplane don't do so well taking photos of fixed items on the ground. 😕

Enjoy and Happy New Year!!

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4

Jay Scheevel

Great stuff, Jon!

Where did you get all that footage to project on the green-screen behind your airplane?  😉

I was absolutely sick all day yesterday thinking of you and your current situation.  While it was a frigid 28F here this morning (3,500' density altitude - woohoo!!), it was an otherwise nice day so I decided to see what I could do to make your existence just a little bit better.

I couldn't remember exactly what type of flying you prefer so I included as much variety as is available to me. The result includes elk, buffalo, and rocks.  Sadly, my camera batteries don't last long in the cold so I failed to capture all the fun I had.

Here it is: https://youtu.be/EFg1oADvlsM

Yeah… gotta look really close to see that wildlife.  My camera and airplane don't do so well taking photos of fixed items on the ground. 😕

Enjoy and Happy New Year!!

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4

Dave Dugas

Incredible!!!

On Sun, Jan 2, 2022 at 5:01 PM, Jay Scheevel
<jay@...> wrote:

[...]

Jim Patillo

Jon,
Way to cool!🌞☁️☁️☁️☁️.
Flew this morning. Weather was beautiful here too.

Jim
N46JP Q200

[...]

Holy Moley!

You know, there's a fine line between staying low enough to avoid the AAA and high enough to avoid small arms, arrows, and hurled rocks.

Kevin, can you do all of those moves???

--
Q2 N86KL

Bruce Crain

Yippee kio Cowboy!!  Owning it!
Bruce

On Jan 2, 2022, at 5:15 PM, Anthony P <solarant@...> wrote:

Holy Moley!

You know, there's a fine line between staying low enough to avoid the AAA and high enough to avoid small arms, arrows, and hurled rocks.

Kevin, can you do all of those moves???

--
Q2 N86KL

Mike Dwyer

What I got out of the video is that Canards are more stable aircraft ... as I seldom find myself upside-down that much!
Great video Jon!
Mike Dwyer Q200

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

On Sun, Jan 2, 2022 at 6:45 PM Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:
Yippee kio Cowboy!!  Owning it!
Bruce

On Jan 2, 2022, at 5:15 PM, Anthony P <solarant@...> wrote:

Holy Moley!

You know, there's a fine line between staying low enough to avoid the AAA and high enough to avoid small arms, arrows, and hurled rocks.

Kevin, can you do all of those moves???

--
Q2 N86KL

Jon Finley

Exactly right Mike!!  This thing is a handful - nearly impossible to keep straight and level!! 😉

Thanks to all for the kind words!

Jay: I have friend that's a big wig in the movie industry - let's call him "Alan" to protect his true identity. He's got me setup with all kinds of high tech wizardry and access to a bunch of CGI guys. You just can't believe anything coming out of my production room!! 😎

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4

Fredd Baber

Jon Finley-
You have a bigwig friend in the film industry? Help a struggling writer out!  Lol!!

Fredd Baber

On Jan 3, 2022, at 6:18 AM, Jon Finley <jd@...> wrote:

Exactly right Mike!!  This thing is a handful - nearly impossible to keep straight and level!! 😉

Thanks to all for the kind words!

Jay: I have friend that's a big wig in the movie industry - let's call him "Alan" to protect his true identity. He's got me setup with all kinds of high tech wizardry and access to a bunch of CGI guys. You just can't believe anything coming out of my production room!! 😎

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4

Kevin Boddicker

Jon,
 How kind of you to think of the shut-ins in the great white north.
I’m sure I will enjoy the video the second time, after I get the PUKE off my keyboard!

Very happy you would think of those less fortunate than yourself.

Happy New Year!

Green Kevin

On Jan 2, 2022, at 3:56 PM, Jon Finley <jd@...> wrote:

My Dearest Kevin,

I was absolutely sick all day yesterday thinking of you and your current situation.  While it was a frigid 28F here this morning (3,500' density altitude - woohoo!!), it was an otherwise nice day so I decided to see what I could do to make your existence just a little bit better.

I couldn't remember exactly what type of flying you prefer so I included as much variety as is available to me. The result includes elk, buffalo, and rocks.  Sadly, my camera batteries don't last long in the cold so I failed to capture all the fun I had.

Yeah… gotta look really close to see that wildlife.  My camera and airplane don't do so well taking photos of fixed items on the ground. 😕

Enjoy and Happy New Year!!

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4

Kevin Boddicker

Negative!
Unable!