OSH reports?

Jay Scheevel

Any reports on OSH for those unfortunates like myself who were unable to attend?

Kevin Boddicker

I was there. Had fun.

Kevin

On Aug 5, 2022, at 3:55 PM, Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

Any reports on OSH for those unfortunates like myself who were unable to attend?

Paul Fisher

Me too, and so did I.

Paul

On Sat, Aug 6, 2022, 09:32 Kevin Boddicker <trumanst@...> wrote:
I was there. Had fun.

Kevin

On Aug 5, 2022, at 3:55 PM, Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

Any reports on OSH for those unfortunates like myself who were unable to attend?

Sounds like Las Vegas…What happens in Oshkosh stays in Oshkosh.

Any reports on OSH for those unfortunates like myself who were unable to attend?

Sam Hoskins

I was there, had fun, caught COVID.

Sam

On Fri, Aug 5, 2022, 3:55 PM Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

Any reports on OSH for those unfortunates like myself who were unable to attend?

Hi Jay,
Just now seeing your post. We spent a week further north in Door County after OSH and just got home.
I was there too and if you don’t mind I’ll type a little more.
To me it was evident from the beginning that this could be a record year….and it was. People everywhere….airplanes everywhere and the numbers prove it. The wx was perhaps the best I’ve ever experienced at AirVenture including 2019, thank goodness because it was the first time in 30 years Vicki went along too. We’re camping with our chapter in Scholler and the generators worked perfectly. Thanx Honda.
I was told the Friday evening showing of TopGun Maverick at the outdoor theater drew 10,000
and….at precisely 2000 hrs, a surprise I was fortunate to know about a few days earlier, an F35 and two F18’s buzzed the theater, right over our camp site WOW!!!
The Air Force must be commended for their contribution celebrating their 75th year. They flew the pants off the F35’s and F18’s all week. A KC135, C117, C5, Osprey, Apache, Blackhawk etc…(someone can fill in those I missed) were on static and even participated in the airshow at different times. Their Legacy and Heritage flights were very well done all week long with different combinations of aircraft. The crowds watching the afternoon airshows were huge all week. And plenty of venders were there to take your money as usual.
Fourteen…more or less came the Q gathering on Wednesday and we had plenty of free donuts. Yum yum! There is so much more that can be said, like Boddicker harassing me over needing a replacement wrist band, yep gasoline will melt the glue and he just happened to be working admissions at the time I was there begging and pleading for a new one. They were amused that there was in fact was no glue on it. (filling a generator can get sloppy don’t ya know) but better stop there. It was a great week, hate that you had to miss it.
Keith

Sounds like Las Vegas&#8230;What happens in Oshkosh stays in Oshkosh.