Topics

Panel Dimensions for Q200

Corbin

Does anyone have the dimensions for the panel; assuming there is a standard?  Or a clever way of measuring without taking it out?  I would like to start planning an avionics  upgrade...slowly.

Corbin

--

Corbin 
N33QR

Sam Hoskins

Take a big piece of paper and mask it over your existing panel to create a template and take it from there.

Sam 

On Sat, Apr 11, 2020, 11:19 AM Corbin via groups.io <c_geiser=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Does anyone have the dimensions for the panel; assuming there is a standard?  Or a clever way of measuring without taking it out?  I would like to start planning an avionics  upgrade...slowly.

Corbin

--

Corbin 
N33QR

Jay Scheevel

Hi Corbin,

There was a template in the Q2 plans. That said, I doubt that anyone’s panel actually matches that, since that is the most likely place in the plane for the builder to “leave his own signature”.  I would suggest getting some thin poster poster board and cutting it into 1” wide strips, following the general curve of the perimeter of the panel, then taping these, end to end with masking tape that laps over the angle between the panel and the fuselage, or just follows the panel if it does not intersect the fuselage. By cutting carefully with a razor knife along the tape in the corner where it joins laps onto the fuselage, you will have the shape/curve of the panel. Then lay it on a table and measure the bottom of the panel width, then put another piece of posterboard across the bottom to make sure the bottom of the panel is the same width. This should give you a good shape to work with. Good luck.

Cheers,

Jay

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Corbin via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2020 10:19 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: [Q-List] Panel Dimensions for Q200

Corbin

--

Corbin 
N33QR

Jay Scheevel

That would work, but the knobs, avionics pop-outs, etc will make the paper wider than in real life. Just sent an alternative approach that limits this distortion.

Cheers,

Jay

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sam Hoskins
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2020 11:56 AM
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Panel Dimensions for Q200

Take a big piece of paper and mask it over your existing panel to create a template and take it from there.

Sam 

On Sat, Apr 11, 2020, 11:19 AM Corbin via groups.io <c_geiser=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Corbin

--

Corbin 
N33QR