Topics

Plans Shrinkage

@DustinG

Is there a reference length to confirm shrinkage of appendix W-6? The previous builder's templates are all consistently larger than what is drawn. Also, if I'm off just a little (airfoils are a hair over or under size) can the core be slid up or down the tapered carbon spar until it fits correctly?

Or, should I work on other stuff and wait for the new airfoils to be published? 😁😀😁

Dustin

Bruce Crain

I think Norm Howell May have over sized his cores and then sanded them down to size but that may be a rumor.  As for the ones that were to small perhaps the hot wire was to hot or was pulled along to slow.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Bruce

On Mar 31, 2020, at 2:39 PM, dustinlanell@... wrote:

Is there a reference length to confirm shrinkage of appendix W-6? The previous builder's templates are all consistently larger than what is drawn. Also, if I'm off just a little (airfoils are a hair over or under size) can the core be slid up or down the tapered carbon spar until it fits correctly?

Or, should I work on other stuff and wait for the new airfoils to be published? 😁😀😁
<WP_20200331_15_37_16_Pro.jpg>

Dustin

@DustinG

Thanks Bruce. I'll check.
Dustin

Jay Scheevel

What kind of percentage difference are you finding, Dustin?  If it is not large, it is probably not worth worrying about. Just so the level lines are level.