Progress

Chris Walterson

The progress report on the Q 200 is, there is no progress.  I had two hrs  of testing done and then the weather came in. For the last two weeks it is snow, sleet, rain , and very low ceiling.

 As Kenny Rogers says" you got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them", so I think I will fold and dig out the cross country skis, and get in shape for my medical and then try again next May.

 I did manage to fab and install a cowl for the rad and also a wheel skirt that holds the three extra pounds I added to the tail.  It is all still not proven, but so far the airplane is what I expected.

 Take care--------------  Chris

Jerry Marstall

Nice looking work.
Jerry Marstall

On Sat, Oct 30, 2021, 12:24 PM Chris Walterson <dkeats@...> wrote:
   The progress report on the Q 200 is, there is no progress.  I had two
hrs  of testing done and then the weather came in. For the last two
weeks it is snow, sleet, rain , and very low ceiling.

  As Kenny Rogers says" you got to know when to hold them, know when to
fold them", so I think I will fold and dig out the cross country skis,
and get in shape for my medical and then try again next May.

  I did manage to fab and install a cowl for the rad and also a wheel
skirt that holds the three extra pounds I added to the tail.  It is all
still not proven, but so far the airplane is what I expected.

  Take care--------------  Chris

Awesome!  You’re one sharp cookie!  But you need to move to Oklahoma where you can actually fly in the winter!
Bruce

On Oct 30, 2021, at 12:55 PM, Jerry Marstall <jerrylm1986@...> wrote:

Nice looking work.
Jerry Marstall

On Sat, Oct 30, 2021, 12:24 PM Chris Walterson <dkeats@...> wrote:
   The progress report on the Q 200 is, there is no progress.  I had two
hrs  of testing done and then the weather came in. For the last two
weeks it is snow, sleet, rain , and very low ceiling.

  As Kenny Rogers says" you got to know when to hold them, know when to
fold them", so I think I will fold and dig out the cross country skis,
and get in shape for my medical and then try again next May.

  I did manage to fab and install a cowl for the rad and also a wheel
skirt that holds the three extra pounds I added to the tail.  It is all
still not proven, but so far the airplane is what I expected.

  Take care--------------  Chris

Frankenbird Vern

If you do move to snowbird country Chris I'll donate my Maple Leaf emblems off my Capella XS2 vertical stab! I'm
going to recover the entire empennage anyway.

 Bruce is correct.. first cold is expected Thursday. The temp is supposed to drop all the way to -1C!!!

Terrible. 🙂   Most snow I have seen since 2016 was 60 CM.. it was gone in 3 days.

Vern