Q200 Prop

So I just went to Prince Props to see cost and timing for a new prop ... Turns out their wait time is 10 months, yes TEN MONTHS. I know many of you are using Catto props and I have reached out to them too.

Any other suggestions for buying a prop?
Prince suggested 58" diameter with a 70 pitch ... Is that in line with your experience?
Anyone has a prop for the Q200 around they'd sell?

Thanks Robert
--
Robert "TheFrisco" Schmid
(408) 805-5450

www.facebook.com/TheFlyingFriscos
www.theflyingfriscos.com

Love building planes almost as much as flying. Latest completed build is "Loki", a Chinook Plus 2 bush plane.

ryan goodman

Robert, are you expecting to have the aircraft found in that time frame? The prop is literally the last thing you fit. 

On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 11:05, Robert Schmid
<robert@...> wrote:
So I just went to Prince Props to see cost and timing for a new prop ... Turns out their wait time is 10 months, yes TEN MONTHS. I know many of you are using Catto props and I have reached out to them too.

Prince suggested 58" diameter with a 70 pitch ... Is that in line with your experience?

Thanks Robert
--
(408) 805-5450

www.theflyingfriscos.com

Love building planes almost as much as flying. Latest completed build is "Loki", a Chinook Plus 2 bush plane.

Yes ;-)
--
(408) 805-5450

www.theflyingfriscos.com

ryan goodman

Wow, very ambitious. I really hope you succeed. I think you'll be the MVP of you do.

On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 11:14, Robert Schmid
<robert@...> wrote:
Yes ;-)
--
(408) 805-5450

www.theflyingfriscos.com

Jay Scheevel

In the near term, maybe you could talk to Bob Farnam, who sold his Q200 last year. Jim Patillo speaks with him regularly. He tried a number of props on his plane before he settled on his Catto prop and he told me once that he had a stack of props and would sell or loan me one to get me going. I bought a Prince prop so did not need one of his, but he may still have his “stack”. If you have to wait for a prop, you might as well be flying with one that has flown before on a Q200.

Cheers,

Jay

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Schmid
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 11:06 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: [Q-List] Q200 Prop

Thanks Robert
--
(408) 805-5450

www.theflyingfriscos.com

Michael Dunning

One or two on the Thatcher group have used Culver Props with success; not sure that anyone here has used one though? They seem well made from what I've seen of the YouTube channel.

--
-MD
#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)

John Hartley

I think mine is 60x70? It'll probably be setting in a wooden box for more than the next 10 months. Perhaps a loaner situation could be worked out if you get ready to fly before your prop shows up? 

John
740-352-5752 

Robert Cringely

Borrow a prop that works well and send it to Alaina at Culver Props in Missouri for duplication. It's cheaper and faster.

Bob

On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 10:05 AM Robert Schmid <robert@...> wrote:

Thanks Robert
--
(408) 805-5450

www.theflyingfriscos.com

Jim Patillo

I run a 60/72 Catto Prop. Works well. 
Jim
N46JP Q200

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of John Hartley via groups.io <John.hartley1@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 12:30:18 PM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Q200 Prop

I think mine is 60x70? It'll probably be setting in a wooden box for more than the next 10 months. Perhaps a loaner situation could be worked out if you get ready to fly before your prop shows up? 

John
740-352-5752 

Martin Skiby

Catto or Prince both make excellent props for the Q200 and TriQ200.  We have run them both with great results.  Corbin is running the Catto still on the Q200 and it is doing him well I believe.

-----------------------------------------

To: main@q-list.groups.io
Cc:
Sent: Tuesday May 17 2022 1:24:41PM

Borrow a prop that works well and send it to Alaina at Culver Props in Missouri for duplication. It's cheaper and faster.

Bob

Thanks Robert
--
(408) 805-5450

www.theflyingfriscos.com

Corbin

Martin is right…I’m still running the Catto “cruise” prop and have no issues.

Corbin

On May 17, 2022, at 3:48 PM, Martin Skiby <mskiby@...> wrote:

Catto or Prince both make excellent props for the Q200 and TriQ200.  We have run them both with great results.  Corbin is running the Catto still on the Q200 and it is doing him well I believe.

Cc:

Bob

Thanks Robert
--
(408) 805-5450

www.theflyingfriscos.com

--

Corbin 
N121CG

John Hartley

My 60x70, if you'd like to borrow or send in for copying (sorry, I wouldn't sell it), was made by Ed Sterba. It's still in the wooden box he shipped it in and I think it's a 0 time prop, only mounted to the O-200 for fitment. I'm out of town for the military but can check when I get home.
John

Jay Scheevel

Hi Corbin,

What is your diameter and pitch? 

Cheers,

Jay

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Corbin via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 3:28 PM

Corbin

Cc:

Bob

Thanks Robert
--
(408) 805-5450

www.theflyingfriscos.com

--

Corbin 
N121CG

Corbin

Hey Jay,

It’s a 60 x 72 with a redline max of 3,300rpm.  

Corbin

On May 17, 2022, at 4:39 PM, Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

Hi Corbin,

Cheers,

Jay

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Corbin via groups.io

Corbin

Cc:

Bob

Thanks Robert
--
(408) 805-5450

www.theflyingfriscos.com

--

Corbin 
N121CG

--

Corbin 
N121CG

Are 60/72 for the 120hp or also the 100hp O-200?
--
(408) 805-5450

www.theflyingfriscos.com

Corbin

I’m not sure, however, my engine placard states 100hp and Catto made this prop specifically for this engine/plane.  Is that correct, Martin?

Corbin

On May 17, 2022, at 5:01 PM, Robert Schmid <robert@...> wrote:

--
(408) 805-5450

www.theflyingfriscos.com

--

Corbin 
N121CG

Jay Scheevel

Hi Corbin,

Have you ever been able to turn 3300 RPM in level flight?  If not, what is your max RPM in level flight?  Do you have the 10:1 pistons?

Cheers,

Jay

Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 3:43 PM

Hey Jay,

It’s a 60 x 72 with a redline max of 3,300rpm.  

Corbin

On May 17, 2022, at 4:39 PM, Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

Hi Corbin,

Cheers,

Jay

Corbin

Cc:

Bob

Thanks Robert
--
(408) 805-5450

www.theflyingfriscos.com

--

Corbin 
N121CG

--

Corbin 
N121CG

Jim Patillo

Hi Corbin, 

You may have the gray Catto prop Mark Summers put on it with the larger 4” hub (tapered front hub). . If it's that one, I think it's a 60/70. What is the max RPM you can get from the engine? 

Of course, I could have it confused with another one. 

Jim 
N46JP - Q200

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Corbin via groups.io <c_geiser@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 3:05:14 PM
To: main@q-list.groups.io <main@q-list.groups.io>

I’m not sure, however, my engine placard states 100hp and Catto made this prop specifically for this engine/plane.  Is that correct, Martin?

Corbin

--
(408) 805-5450

www.theflyingfriscos.com

--

Corbin 
N121CG

Martin Skiby

Yes your correct Corbin.  Your motor is a "bit" higher thank 100HP however.  Not sure what motor Robert will be using for 120hp.  If it is an 0200 then simply ask Catto to cut one for the HP you expect.  They can trim it if needed.

Cc:
Sent: Tuesday May 17 2022 3:05:18PM

Corbin

--
(408) 805-5450

www.theflyingfriscos.com

--

Corbin 
N121CG

Mine is a stock 100hp, Prince recommended their 58/72, so 2" shorter which I like for more ground clearance to be honest.

Wrote to Catto but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks for all your input!
--
(408) 805-5450

www.theflyingfriscos.com