Q-1 - How much Hp is needed

jtenhave@mets.mq.edu.au <jtenhave@...>

Jim,

that is 'orifying!

From: JMasal@... [SMTP:JMasal@...]
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2002 5:54 PM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Q-1 - How much Hp is needed

Ouch, Panzera.
And aren't you just an opening between the gluteus maximi.

jtenhave@mets.mq.edu.au <jtenhave@...>

Jim,

You seem to have taken a bit of savaging on this one, and I must admit that
that was not my intention. In my defence I must admit that I have been
subject to heavy smoke inhalation for the past 13 days. Living close to
the university, surrounded by bush, I suspect that several hectares of hash
may have inadvertently fuelled the fires of discontent and affected my
transmissions adversely...

As you have done with a regularity that is belying your professed
engineering innocence, the southern ( some would say, earthy) voice of
reason seems to have brought us back onto track yet again. I must confess,
Jim that even with my newly acquired joined up writing skills, I am hard
pressed to fill up a whole board with HP/MAUW = (magic number).-but I will
give it a go, and report back!

I do agree with you that rules of thumb are wonderful things but they may
simply be the synthesis of lots of hard work and detailed analysis - or
they may be flashes of brilliant insight, either way, they are usually the
diamonds in the mud that you alluded to earlier.

I do apologise for focusing on your elemental functions, but it did occur
to me that the gastro-intestinal reflex seems to be particularly vigorously
stimulated when pilots are not sufficiently attentive to issues of weight
and its distribution. I have not done the experiment but I suspect that
the resulting elimination of mass has little effect unless its arm ( or
perhaps leg?) is changed significantly. I shall try wearing my zoom bag
backwards (sans bicycle clips) to see if this helps the redistribution
process.

Please do not feel bad about not appreciating me. You are in very good
company - for example, I have not had a single letter of appreciation from
the Pope, Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela, or Al.

Finally, I am most grateful that you do think, Jim. I value your inputs
and your thoughts highly - but you will never catch me admitting it
publicly.

Regards

John