Topics

Quarantined flight

Paul Fisher

I got a chance to fly today (shhh, don't tell anyone!).  I was afraid I had forgotten how to fly it, but I made three beautiful landings.  Maybe forgetting all my bad habits was a good thing!

I would have flown longer, but I still had the winter time oil cooler block installed.  I haven't flown it since spring arrived (shame on me).

Anyway, I'm now current with three full stop landings.  Hopefully all of the quarantines will be lifted before I lose my currency!

Y'all stay healthy.  Hopefully we can get together soon.

Paul Fisher
Q-200 N17PF

Dave Dugas

Nice Paul. I have a couple of recent short flights, and I hope to get back in the air shortly. I'm in the middle of installing the Uavionix echo package. A new toy to play with. I'll be ready for Enid

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 2:26 PM, Paul Fisher
<rv7a.n18pf@...> wrote:
I got a chance to fly today (shhh, don't tell anyone!).  I was afraid I had forgotten how to fly it, but I made three beautiful landings.  Maybe forgetting all my bad habits was a good thing!

I would have flown longer, but I still had the winter time oil cooler block installed.  I haven't flown it since spring arrived (shame on me).

Anyway, I'm now current with three full stop landings.  Hopefully all of the quarantines will be lifted before I lose my currency!

Y'all stay healthy.  Hopefully we can get together soon.

Paul Fisher
Q-200 N17PF

Rick Hole

Solo flight has to be the ultimate in social distancing!
Rick Hole

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 12:32 PM Dave Dugas via groups.io <davedq2=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Nice Paul. I have a couple of recent short flights, and I hope to get back in the air shortly. I'm in the middle of installing the Uavionix echo package. A new toy to play with. I'll be ready for Enid

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 2:26 PM, Paul Fisher
I got a chance to fly today (shhh, don't tell anyone!).  I was afraid I had forgotten how to fly it, but I made three beautiful landings.  Maybe forgetting all my bad habits was a good thing!

I would have flown longer, but I still had the winter time oil cooler block installed.  I haven't flown it since spring arrived (shame on me).

Anyway, I'm now current with three full stop landings.  Hopefully all of the quarantines will be lifted before I lose my currency!

Y'all stay healthy.  Hopefully we can get together soon.

Paul Fisher
Q-200 N17PF

Jerry Gmail

I pulled out a picture so I would recognize N625JM should I ever get back to the airport.

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020, 2:26 PM Paul Fisher <rv7a.n18pf@...> wrote:
I got a chance to fly today (shhh, don't tell anyone!).  I was afraid I had forgotten how to fly it, but I made three beautiful landings.  Maybe forgetting all my bad habits was a good thing!

I would have flown longer, but I still had the winter time oil cooler block installed.  I haven't flown it since spring arrived (shame on me).

Anyway, I'm now current with three full stop landings.  Hopefully all of the quarantines will be lifted before I lose my currency!

Y'all stay healthy.  Hopefully we can get together soon.

Paul Fisher
Q-200 N17PF

Corbin

I’m loving my Echo and hope you do as well. The most common issue people have is the transponder threshold setting.   I think I had to go down to 900 in order for it to read baro pressure altitude.

Corbin

--

Corbin
N33QR

Dave Dugas

Hi Corbin. Glad to hear you are happy with the echo. Hope mine works out as well. By the way your videos are great to see. Thank you.
Dave D

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 4:37 PM, Jerry Gmail
<jerrylm1986@...> wrote:
I pulled out a picture so I would recognize N625JM should I ever get back to the airport.

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020, 2:26 PM Paul Fisher <rv7a.n18pf@...> wrote:
I got a chance to fly today (shhh, don't tell anyone!).  I was afraid I had forgotten how to fly it, but I made three beautiful landings.  Maybe forgetting all my bad habits was a good thing!

I would have flown longer, but I still had the winter time oil cooler block installed.  I haven't flown it since spring arrived (shame on me).

Anyway, I'm now current with three full stop landings.  Hopefully all of the quarantines will be lifted before I lose my currency!

Y'all stay healthy.  Hopefully we can get together soon.

Paul Fisher
Q-200 N17PF

Corbin

Thanks Dave!

Corbin

<jerrylm1986@...> wrote:
I pulled out a picture so I would recognize N625JM should I ever get back to the airport.

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020, 2:26 PM Paul Fisher <rv7a.n18pf@...> wrote:
I got a chance to fly today (shhh, don't tell anyone!).  I was afraid I had forgotten how to fly it, but I made three beautiful landings.  Maybe forgetting all my bad habits was a good thing!

I would have flown longer, but I still had the winter time oil cooler block installed.  I haven't flown it since spring arrived (shame on me).

Anyway, I'm now current with three full stop landings.  Hopefully all of the quarantines will be lifted before I lose my currency!

Y'all stay healthy.  Hopefully we can get together soon.

Paul Fisher
Q-200 N17PF

--

Corbin
N33QR

Kevin Boddicker

I too spent an hour burning 100LL!
Where else can a guy have so much fun and be all alone? DON'T say it!!!
Nice to have that bit of freedom. Actually I have flown more during this “virus time” than I have for a long time.
Nothing else to do, meaning my time is not being demanded for other things. Well not as much.

Get out there and fly!

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B   506 hrs
Luana, IA.

On Apr 5, 2020, at 1:26 PM, Paul Fisher <rv7a.n18pf@...> wrote:

I got a chance to fly today (shhh, don't tell anyone!).  I was afraid I had forgotten how to fly it, but I made three beautiful landings.  Maybe forgetting all my bad habits was a good thing!

I would have flown longer, but I still had the winter time oil cooler block installed.  I haven't flown it since spring arrived (shame on me).

Anyway, I'm now current with three full stop landings.  Hopefully all of the quarantines will be lifted before I lose my currency!

Y'all stay healthy.  Hopefully we can get together soon.

Paul Fisher
Q-200 N17PF

Bruce Crain

I think I had to come down to 1100 or 1200 threshold on mine.
Bruce

[...]

Excellent!  I really like my Uavonix/Echo!  Love having traffic and weather in the cockpit!  And being able to fly into Class B's!
Looking forward to Field Of Dreams here in Enid!  Always have such a great time with all of the folks that show up!
Bruce and Honey Lamb  and Imraan and Rachel!