Resources for Determining Value of Experimentals?

Corbin <c_geiser@...>

Hey everyone,

Is there a good resource for determining the value of experimental aircraft?  More specifically, Velocity airplanes.  Vref doesn't have solid info so looking for any other resource that might be available.  I will reach out to Velocity themselves too.

Thanks,

Corbin
--

Corbin 
N121CG

Jay Scheevel

There are usually a few advertised on Barnstormers or Trade-a-Plane at any given time.

Cheers,

Jay

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Corbin via groups.io
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2022 8:20 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: [Q-List] Resources for Determining Value of Experimentals?

Hey everyone,

Is there a good resource for determining the value of experimental aircraft?  More specifically, Velocity airplanes.  Vref doesn't have solid info so looking for any other resource that might be available.  I will reach out to Velocity themselves too.

Thanks,

Corbin
--

Corbin 
N121CG

Mike Steinsland

An old real estate trick is to look at actual past selling prices.
Not sure if it's possible to look up previous listings ( the internet does seem to hold on to things a long time), then do the work of calling the old owners and see what they sold for.

You're going to have to look at all the variables and factor those in.
Maybe you can start at a base, " stock" Velocity then add on your value for any options. You can probably do that without calling anyone.

Velocity probably has a data base but I bet they ain't sharing it.

On Mon., Mar. 21, 2022, 11:11 a.m. Jay Scheevel, <jay@...> wrote:

There are usually a few advertised on Barnstormers or Trade-a-Plane at any given time.

Cheers,

Jay

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Corbin via groups.io
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2022 8:20 AM
Subject: [Q-List] Resources for Determining Value of Experimentals?

Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Corbin
--

Corbin 
N121CG

Corbin <c_geiser@...>

Thanks.  I have the current postings for sale but asking prices don't fair well for true value in this market.  At least not for lenders.
--

Corbin 
N121CG

Jay Scheevel

BTW, Corbin, you forgot to say ”Asking for a friend”  😉

Cheers,

Jay

Sent: Monday, March 21, 2022 9:20 AM
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Resources for Determining Value of Experimentals?

Thanks.  I have the current postings for sale but asking prices don't fair well for true value in this market.  At least not for lenders.
--

Corbin 
N121CG

Mike Steinsland

On Mon., Mar. 21, 2022, 11:19 a.m. Corbin via groups.io, <c_geiser=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
--

Corbin 
N121CG

Mike Steinsland

Hopefully it loads this time

On Mon., Mar. 21, 2022, 11:25 a.m. Mike Steinsland via groups.io, <MIKESKUSTOMS=GMAIL.COM@groups.io> wrote:

On Mon., Mar. 21, 2022, 11:19 a.m. Corbin via groups.io, <c_geiser=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
--

Corbin 
N121CG

Corbin <c_geiser@...>

Haha...you are right, Jay!  
--

Corbin 
N121CG

Steve Rothert

You might try contacting David Orr.  (David@...).  He publishes a monthly e-newsletter for the Ez crowd and assists in finding planes for individuals.

Hope this helps.
Steve

Corbin <c_geiser@...>

Thanks Steve!
--

Corbin 
N121CG

Michael Dunning

Unfortunately, the only way I know of is to do it the hard way since the listings don't stay up :(

https://youtu.be/zKv6cNc3RD0?t=622

--
-MD
#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)