Rigging

Chris Walterson

I've given myself a bit of time to think of the ailerons, so in the meantime I started on the elevators.

 I have some of the original plans [Q2] . The ones with the U joint in the torque tube. I have read most of the newsletters and I think

I have it figured out, but i want to pass it by others that have gone before.

I have the center stick and a passenger stick. I have all the control tubes installed to the elevator bellcranks.

  I will set both elevators at 15 degrees trailing edge up,  as in the rigging template, and lock them in place.

I will then push my control sticks as far forward as possible. Mount the mass balance about 1/8 inch from top of canard.

 Drill 1/8 hole in bellcranks  and mass balance and install pop rivet to stabalize.   Drill 3/16 holes and install AN3 bolts.

 I may see how much down travel I have before I drill the AN3. The rivets will hold temporarily.

 Makes sense????                Take care--------------  Chris

Mike Steinsland

That's what I did
Keep in mind when you deflect the stick left or right for ailerons the coresponding elevator will deflect a bit