From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joe Hood
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 6:03 PM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: [Q-List] Seat Tank Fuel Gauge

I see that Sam Hoskins has a dial gauge in his seat. Where does everyone else have their main tank fuel gauge?

Mine has a clear tube going up by the pilot's right leg (and not working).

Corbin

Pics of mine attached...fuel gauge Up on panel for 15 gallon main and sight gauge for 5 gallon header.

Corbin

On Jun 22, 2020, at 7:42 PM, Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

I have the dial mechanical gauge, like Sam’s. I also have a capacitance gauge. The dial gauge will be difficult to install after the fact, without getting a lot of contamination (fiberglass and foam dust) into the tank that will have to late be removed from your fuel filter. I would suggest repairing the floating tube gauge that you have, or putting a capacitance gauge in that same location. Just my two cents.

Cheers,

Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q2, N8WQ 96 hours

--

Corbin
N33QR

Jay Scheevel

Corbin, did you get your seat cushions smashed down?

"Corbin via groups.io" <c_geiser@...> wrote:

[...]

Oh man, so putting weights on didn’t compress them so I opened up the left one and cut down the foam 50%.  I’m hoping after the “cut down” foam compresses then I can add back the rest.  I left the right seat one alone.

Corbin

On Jun 22, 2020, at 8:34 PM, Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

Corbin, did you get your seat cushions smashed down?

"Corbin via groups.io" <c_geiser@...> wrote:

Pics of mine attached...fuel gauge Up on panel for 15 gallon main and sight gauge for 5 gallon header.

<image0.jpeg>
<image1.jpeg>

[...]

Mike Dwyer

I was thinking if you drain the tanks then hook a nitrogen tank to the fuel vent with the fuel filler off you could first dry out the fuel tanks and second keep a positive flow of nitrogen that would allow you to dremmel the tank and blow the dust away from the tank.

To fix the main tank bobber I've broken off the plastic tube then freed up what ever is sticking the bobber and then put a new plastic tube in place and floxed around it.

 Mike N3QP Q200

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020, 20:42 Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

I have the dial mechanical gauge, like Sam’s. I also have a capacitance gauge. The dial gauge will be difficult to install after the fact, without getting a lot of contamination (fiberglass and foam dust) into the tank that will have to late be removed from your fuel filter. I would suggest repairing the floating tube gauge that you have, or putting a capacitance gauge in that same location. Just my two cents.

Cheers,

Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q2, N8WQ 96 hours

I see that Sam Hoskins has a dial gauge in his seat. Where does everyone else have their main tank fuel gauge?

Mine has a clear tube going up by the pilot's right leg (and not working).

Joe Hood

Breaking off the plastic tube and replacing seems to be the best bet.

Thanks!