Spring Fling '22

Paul Fisher

Wow, what a fun time!  Kevin and I made it back to Davenport.  Kevin is still driving back to Luana.  Weather was beautiful here when we landed, but we could see buildups to the north where Kevin is going.  So Keith we're sorry we didn't bring the Qs, but we're glad we brought my RV.

Thanks to everyone for an entertaining weekend, but especially to Keith for hosting us.  I hope we can do it again next year!

Everyone make plans for the FOD in Decorah (KDEH) this September.  It's just too much fun to miss!!

Paul Fisher Q-200 N17PF
(although this time it was N18PF!)

Kevin Boddicker

Yes, I have finished the trip home. Thanks to Paul for flying the RV down, and Keith for hosting a perfect event.
I remember the first Fling I went to was at Mattoon IL., also hosted by Keith. I believe it was 2001. Had a great turn out and lots of planes. Took our son Jeff, and he got more rides than anyone I can remember to this day!
He remembers it as well. Great group, times, laughter, and mutual admiration. I feel privileged to be accepted.

As Paul mentioned, FOD is Sept 15-16-17. Plan to be there, or we WILL talk about you!

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B   582 hrs High and dry in the hanger.
Luana, IA.

On Jun 5, 2022, at 11:24 AM, Paul Fisher <rv7a.n18pf@...> wrote:

Wow, what a fun time!  Kevin and I made it back to Davenport.  Kevin is still driving back to Luana.  Weather was beautiful here when we landed, but we could see buildups to the north where Kevin is going.  So Keith we're sorry we didn't bring the Qs, but we're glad we brought my RV.

Thanks to everyone for an entertaining weekend, but especially to Keith for hosting us.  I hope we can do it again next year!

Everyone make plans for the FOD in Decorah (KDEH) this September.  It's just too much fun to miss!!

Paul Fisher Q-200 N17PF
(although this time it was N18PF!)

Rodney Herzig

I plan on being there Kevin. 😆

Roddy

On Jun 5, 2022, at 3:43 PM, Kevin Boddicker <trumanst@...> wrote:

[...]

Jay Scheevel

Thanks for the great fun guys. Thanks also to Keith for doing a great job setting it up and hosting. Even during planting season. I had a great visit and a hike with my buddy in Lafayette and the flew to St Joe Missouri to wait for weather to pass by. I will head for home tomorrow AM.

On Jun 5, 2022, at 3:01 PM, Rodney Herzig <zzigster@...> wrote:

[...]

Thank you everyone for the kind words. It was indeed a great weekend, proves that birds of a feather really do flock together. I for one had a great time hosting y’all. I hope you all enjoyed it too.

Sorry I haven’t gotten a report out w/ photos yet. We had a graduation and reception to attend right after getting the hangar back to normal, getting us home late. Will git-er done tomorrow.

Thanks again everyone.
Keith

Thanks for the great fun guys. Thanks also to Keith for doing a great job setting it up and hosting. Even during planting season. I had a great visit and a hike with my buddy in Lafayette and the flew to St Joe Missouri to wait for weather to pass by. I will head for home tomorrow AM.
Cheers,Jay

BoddickerTriQ 200 N7868B 582 hrs High and dry in the hanger.Luana, IA.On Jun 5, 2022, at 11:24 AM, Paul Fisher <rv7a.n18pf@...> wrote:Wow, what a fun time! Kevin and I made it back to Davenport. Kevin is still driving back to Luana. Weather was beautiful here when we landed, but we could see buildups to the north where Kevin is going. So Keith we're sorry we didn't
bring the Qs, but we're glad we brought my RV.
Thanks to everyone for an entertaining weekend, but especially to Keith for hosting us. I hope we can do it again next year!Everyone make plans for the FOD in Decorah (KDEH) this September. It's just too much fun to miss!!Paul Fisher Q-200 N17PF(although this time it was N18PF!)

Michael Dunning

I had a fantastic time at Spring Fling! Thanks to Keith, especially, for putting in all the hard work organizing and the "usual suspects" for flying and driving in. While I've "known" everyone virtually for years, it was great to feel so welcomed in person. I really hope I can make it in September...

Pictures and videos don't do it justice but I sure did try!

Pictures:

Videos:

F-35 Fly-by

Terry Crouch's Q1 Departure

'til next time,
--
-MD
#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)

Jerry Marstall

Hello Mike
Great meeting you as well. Thx for the pictures.   Yes, I will be working on the tail stand docu.
Jerry Marstall

#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)

Jay Scheevel

Hi All,

Made it home this morning. I experienced “right-on-the-nose” headwinds nearly the whole way home in order to pay penance for the tailwinds that I had when flying to KHUF. After leaving St. Joe yesterday morning, I had a little wait for some IFR to burn off in Kansas. This resulted in my lay over and discovery of a very nice, homey, FBO at Smith Center, Kansas that was selling fuel for $4.98!.

Yesterday’s slow progress pushed me too late in the afternoon, when I got near the mountains, so I stopped in La Junta (east of Pueblo), and decided to call it a day. They have 10 or 12 diamond trainers there that provide initial flight training (on contract) to all who have become non-flying officers in the AF (from officer training school, ROTC, etc.) and think they want to go move into a flying commission. It was fun to see, but with that many aircraft flying, they “own” the pattern, so you gotta get in fast.

I stayed overnight, but had to leave my little one on the ramp, and watch a brief thunderstorm sweep over it. No hail and no water got in anywhere, so she started right up this morning and I headed home. Again, into perfect headwinds. Saw 26 kts of headwind crossing Monarch pass at 12.5K’. Once I started back “downhill” near Crested Butte, things got faster and I pulled into my home airport about 9:45 in the morning. Here is a short video along the way just NW of Gunnison Colorado.  https://youtu.be/8sqqVihge-Q

It was great to see everyone again and to meet Mike Dunning in person. I think Mike is asking all the right questions and it was definitely interesting to see all the bits of the inside of a Revmaster and the aftermarket parts he has acquired. I am glad everyone made the effort, because on Thursday night I was feeling a bit self-conscious by being outnumbered by the Q1’s. I felt like they were ganging up on their big brother.

Thanks again to Keith for putting all this together and making it run like a Swiss watch.

The question everyone kept asking was where were the Crains?

Cheers,

Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q2 N8WQ, now at 235 hours

_._,_._,_

Dave Dugas

Great video Jay. Your panel looks like it's very efficient and comfortable for cross-country. Thanks to Keith for making me feel part of the fly-in. Gives me a motivation boost. Dave D

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 6:47 PM, Jay Scheevel
<jay@...> wrote:

[...]

Corbin <c_geiser@...>

Sounds like a success!  Good job, everyone!

Corbin

<jay@...> wrote:

[...]

N121CG

Bruce Crain

The. Crain’s have been working for weeks getting ready for a friend of mine coming to Enid who is running for Senate.
Finishing up our 8’. Cedar fence, power washing the pool and painting it.  Just started today to fill the pool with H2O.  Yard work, cleaning the back yard, carpet cleaned, hauled off old lumber, steel parts, landscaping the drive,  remove carpet on front porch, phone calls, Dr appointments, practicing the Star Spangled Banner,  and so much more!
Sorry we couldn’t make it!  Love you guys to pieces!  Next time!  “So you think retirement is a piece of cake?!
Bruce and Honey Lamb