Topics

Update: Faucet Fuel Pump Ticking Sound w/ Plenty of Fuel

adrianbloomfield@ymail.com

Hi Richard
Yes. That’s correct. Long Ez. I enjoy reading info. about any canard, and remember reading about the faucet serial numbers. 
Thx
Ady

On 29 Apr 2020, at 22:03, Richard Thomson <richard@...> wrote:

Adrian,

I assume that the other information in the LAA letter was for Longeze or Varieze ?

Richard.

On 29/04/2020 19:49, adrianbloomfield@... wrote:
Your very welcome. Hope you get your concerns sorted out. 

On 29 Apr 2020, at 19:40, Corbin via groups.io <c_geiser@...> wrote:

Thanks for the article....good info to know!
--

Corbin 
N33QR

Dorothea Keats

Corbin-----------  I have had my pump for 700 hrs. I use rubber gas line, mostly auto gas.  My fuel pump will tick all the time, When the engine is running and you have your headset on, you don't hear it. If the main runs out of fuel and the pump sucks air, you WILL hear it, It's not a tick, but a loud knocking.  My pump is wired in so it runs all the time, but on the odd occation when I do run the main out of fuel I can reach  under and unplug the breaker to stop the noise. The pump breaker is the lowest on the panel.

It may have been that when you where first flying the airplane you where preoccupied with other things and didn't notice. Now that you are more comfortable your attention is not as  focused and you are aware of other stuff.

Take care-------------  Chris

--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Corbin

Thanks Chris. This was a new ticking that started recently; very noticeable change. Not the normal tick when fuel is low.

Corbin

On Apr 30, 2020, at 7:34 PM, Dorothea Keats <dkeats@...> wrote:

Corbin----------- I have had my pump for 700 hrs. I use rubber gas line, mostly auto gas. My fuel pump will tick all the time, When the engine is running and you have your headset on, you don't hear it. If the main runs out of fuel and the pump sucks air, you WILL hear it, It's not a tick, but a loud knocking. My pump is wired in so it runs all the time, but on the odd occation when I do run the main out of fuel I can reach under and unplug the breaker to stop the noise. The pump breaker is the lowest on the panel.

It may have been that when you where first flying the airplane you where preoccupied with other things and didn't notice. Now that you are more comfortable your attention is not as focused and you are aware of other stuff.

Take care------------- Chris

--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

--
Corbin
N33QR