Topics

What are you using for Vno, Max structural cruise speed in your Q2xx or Tri-Q2xx? #poll

Jay Scheevel

What are you using for Vno, Max structural cruise speed in your Q2xx or Tri-Q2xx?

Pick the range that captures the Top of your green arc (CAS-mph).

Results

See Who Responded

Phil Lankford

Sorry never mind. I see mph

On Jan 6, 2020, at 3:27 PM, Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

What are you using for Vno, Max structural cruise speed in your Q2xx or Tri-Q2xx?

Pick the range that captures the Top of your green arc (CAS-mph).

1. 130-140
2. 140-150
3. 150 or higher

Vote Now

Phil Lankford

Knots or miles?

On Jan 6, 2020, at 3:27 PM, Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

What are you using for Vno, Max structural cruise speed in your Q2xx or Tri-Q2xx?

Pick the range that captures the Top of your green arc (CAS-mph).

1. 130-140
2. 140-150
3. 150 or higher

Vote Now

Sam Hoskins

I once saw around 225 TAS mph in a rapid descent during an Air Venture Cup race. Fun as well as a little scary.

Sam

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020, 5:27 PM Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

What are you using for Vno, Max structural cruise speed in your Q2xx or Tri-Q2xx?

Pick the range that captures the Top of your green arc (CAS-mph).

1. 130-140
2. 140-150
3. 150 or higher

Vote Now

ryan goodman

Admit my Q is long sitting awaiting my attention to bring her back to life, but I'm a little surprised by the numbers offered I'm the options. Especially since they're in mph(as a former military guy that always messes with my head as I'm used to it's). I guess all this time I really pictured these things being a little faster all around. Thinking I need to bring my expectations down.

Ryan, TriQ Colorado

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 5:45, Sam Hoskins
<sam.hoskins@...> wrote:
I once saw around 225 TAS mph in a rapid descent during an Air Venture Cup race. Fun as well as a little scary.

Sam

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020, 5:27 PM Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

What are you using for Vno, Max structural cruise speed in your Q2xx or Tri-Q2xx?

Pick the range that captures the Top of your green arc (CAS-mph).

1. 130-140
2. 140-150
3. 150 or higher

Vote Now

Jay Scheevel

Not asking for max speed, asking for max structural cruising (turbulent air speed)=top of the green, NOT top of the yellow/redline. All speeds in the original aircraft documentation and instrumentation were specified in mph, not knots, so I am sticking with that.

I think that would be your Vne, not Vno, but as fast as your plane is, maybe not!

I once saw around 225 TAS mph in a rapid descent during an Air Venture Cup race. Fun as well as a little scary.

Sam

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020, 5:27 PM Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

What are you using for Vno, Max structural cruise speed in your Q2xx or Tri-Q2xx?

Pick the range that captures the Top of your green arc (CAS-mph).

1. 130-140
2. 140-150
3. 150 or higher

Vote Now

Jim Patillo

I flutter tested my plane to 240 mph during initial flight testing (of course it was down hill). I wanted to make sure it wouldn’t do anything weird at those speeds, like come apart. The plane is solid and It feels totally comfortable at 150-180k. I would still not recommend it as an IFR platform, however.

The faster it goes, the smoother it feels, right Sam? 👍

The attached pix is from my 496 Garmin after a flight in 2010.

Regards,
Jim
N46JP - Q200

Kevin Boddicker

Jay,
My Vno is 205 MPH indicated. Went that fast, downhill, during testing. Had my ASI painted with that as the red arc.
Hope this helps.

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B    496 hrs
Luana, IA.

On Jan 6, 2020, at 5:26 PM, Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

What are you using for Vno, Max structural cruise speed in your Q2xx or Tri-Q2xx?

Pick the range that captures the Top of your green arc (CAS-mph).

1. 130-140
2. 140-150
3. 150 or higher

Vote Now

Kevin Boddicker

Should be Vne. #2 is the answer to your question.

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B    496
hrs
Luana, IA.