What's Your Guess?

So I had some time and for kicks I weighted my frame as is, with canopy and cowling but no instruments, seats etc.

What's a good number? What's your guess for mine?

Answer in the comments ūüėČ
--
Robert "TheFrisco" Schmid
(408) 805-5450

www.facebook.com/TheFlyingFriscos
www.theflyingfriscos.com

And the answer is 391 ... Next we'll weigh the O-200

How close were you?

--
Robert "TheFrisco" Schmid
(408) 805-5450

www.facebook.com/TheFlyingFriscos
www.theflyingfriscos.com

Curious to hear what others weight was at this stage. Anyone remember?
--
Robert "TheFrisco" Schmid
(408) 805-5450

www.facebook.com/TheFlyingFriscos
www.theflyingfriscos.com

Paul Fisher

Sorry, no clue.  I didn't weigh mine until it was completely assembled so I could figure out where to put the battery.

Paul
N17PF

On Tue, Sep 20, 2022, 15:13 Robert Schmid <robert@...> wrote:
Curious to hear what others weight was at this stage. Anyone remember?
--
Robert "TheFrisco" Schmid
(408) 805-5450

www.facebook.com/TheFlyingFriscos
www.theflyingfriscos.com

Mike Dwyer

My empty weight was 640 lbs.  Subtract off the 0-200A and a 30 lb battery and prob 20 lb of instruments.  Your 390 seems a bit high?
Fly Safe.
Mike Dwyer

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

On Tue, Sep 20, 2022 at 4:13 PM Robert Schmid <robert@...> wrote:
Curious to hear what others weight was at this stage. Anyone remember?
--
Robert "TheFrisco" Schmid
(408) 805-5450

www.facebook.com/TheFlyingFriscos
www.theflyingfriscos.com

Mine is 439 including what you indicate was being weighed, however mine is a Tri-Q.

If I exclude the Tri-gear components, then it is 372.

Curious to hear what others weight was at this stage. Anyone remember?
--
Robert "TheFrisco" Schmid
(408) 805-5450

www.facebook.com/TheFlyingFriscos
www.theflyingfriscos.com

By the weigh..(pun)..for the 372 pound sum on my airplane, the equivalent computed CG is 60.2‚ÄĚ FS. This sounds pretty far back, but when you put the engine on it will come way forward. You should see something like 39‚ÄĚ FS as the empty CG when everything is in place.

Mine is 439 including what you indicate was being weighed, however mine is a Tri-Q.

If I exclude the Tri-gear components, then it is 372.

Curious to hear what others weight was at this stage. Anyone remember?
--
Robert "TheFrisco" Schmid
(408) 805-5450

www.facebook.com/TheFlyingFriscos
www.theflyingfriscos.com

Chris Walterson

Robert----------  My empty weight is 749.   The firewall forward is 256 plus abut 10lbs for the cowl. The 18 lb battery is in the back, plus the rad and the gallon and half of coolant. Doing the math I am probably over 440.  I do have the steel inboard landing gear and 18 inches more span on both the wing and canard.  I also had to install 14 lbs in the tail area to get proper CG.

 Take care------------  Chris

Frankenbird Vern

 Chris.. you have a Dragonfly Canard and Wing, or did you extend the span on both Q design surfaces?

 I am actually going the opposite.. a "clip wing" Dragonfly with Q2 fuselage and vertical surfaces.

 I will measure the mass at the same place in build just have a base measurement of structure
over or under the "average".

 I suspect my aircraft is already to the heavy side but that is based on the MKII Dragonfly Canard, which
includes extra plies in the layup schedule.  I will also be deleting the stubby fiberglas gear stubs and
installing a steel spring tapered tube Wittman main gear to the engine mount. That should also add
weight to the airframe.

Vern