From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Robert Schmid <robert@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2022 9:27:13 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: [Q-List] Wheel Alignment Discussion

Since this conversation got going on a different topic thread I figured I ask my question in a new topic ... What's the ideal alignment? No camber, light toe out @ Gross Weight?

I am asking because the built frame I bought has neutral toe and loaded with weight has slight negative camber (top tilted inward) ... What will that do on landings?

And for reference, here is the link to the Gall Wheel Alignment ... http://www.quickheads.com/images/safety/DavidGall_WheelAlignment.pdf
--
Robert "TheFrisco" Schmid
(408) 805-5450

www.facebook.com/TheFlyingFriscos
www.theflyingfriscos.com

Anthony P

I believe that the symptoms of toe-in, toe-out, positive camber, and negative camber are described in the Gall Wheel Alignment document.  These symptoms/behaviors are not unique to Quickies or airplanes.
I also remember seeing reasonable alignment goals stated in that doc.

Make sure that full fuel and your body weight are represented when measuring both toe and camber.  Extra points if you do the measurements again at gross and then again with main empty and a light pilot.  There will be a compromise.
It's a complex cantilevered structure and both measurements will change with load.

I think you want each axle axis to be within a 1"-2" radius of the opposite axle center.  Others will have better numbers.

--
Q2 N86KL